We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Honeymoon

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Orlando Honeymoon

My fiance and I have decided to go to Orlando for our honeymoon in May. We choose Orlando because we want to go to attractions like Disneyworld, Universal Studios and the Kennedy Space Center, as well as the hot weather. I'm trying to decide which hotel to book at. I'd like to find a hotel that is higher class and more adult oriented but still has outdoor areas with a pool that we can relax in the sun. We'll probably rent a car so it wont have to be close to Disneyworld, etc but the closer it is the better.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Honeymoon

First off, congrats on your upcoming wedding!

My husband and I honeymooned at the Marriott Grande Vista and we've been returning every year for our anniversaries. Absolutely loveeeed it there. In fact, 100 days from today we check in again! LOL

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Honeymoon

Hi Jkwedding4,

Just out of interest did you hire a car when you stayed at the marriott grand vista? Ive stayed here once before when I was younger and planned to go back for my honeymoon in february but we dont really want to hire a car ...

Thanks

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,707 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando Honeymoon

If you have a car, and want an upscale place, I would check to see if they have any deals at the Gaylord Palms. I don't know about their pool, but the hotel is beautiful.

UK
Level Contributor
77 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando Honeymoon

Hello x

My Fiancee and I went in 2007 and stayed at Rosen Plaza Hotel next to the Convention Centre on International Drive. It is a beautiful Hotel and has a lovely Pool and is 2 secs from I4 to Disney takes about 10 minutes and it is at the nice end of I Drive towards Sea World. Near Pointe Orlando. Have a look at King Sized Bedded Rooms and Suies. Not to many children as near the convention centre (you do get a few children but not nearly as many as you would in Disney.) Pefectly situated and we love it!

Try Royal Plaza in Lake Buena Vista, Orlando World Centre Marriott, Omni Resort, Buena Vista Palace too. Oh also the Fairfield Inn at Lake Buena Vista (next to Springhill Suites and Courtyard all by Marriott.

Look at flying with Virgin as you get 2 bags each and can have 23 kgs per bag so lots of shopping and goodies to be brought home... yeap 4 bags between you and then you each get your hand baggage on top!

Good Luck...I get married in 6 weeks myself and we had hoped to go this year for our honeymoon but moved into our house and did not want to compromise on our day... so going to a lovely hotel in gran canaria and hope to go back to Florida next year now! x

If you have any more questions just ask.

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando Honeymoon

Thanks allot! We have already booked our flights and are flying with virgin- didnt know we got to take 2 bags each tho! Havent really looked at that yet..was the cheapest I could find for direct flights so just booked without checking the baggage hehe. We are using my parents time share for the first 12 days of the holiday and then were going to book the last 2 days at the portafino bay..cant wait!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding - 6 weeks, not long at all - bet you cant wait! Hope you have a fantastic time & enjoy the honeymoon. I love Gran Canaria, been there many times !

6. Re: Orlando Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2009, 06:28