We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Okay....so you have to tell me...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
262 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Okay....so you have to tell me...

what is so magical about WDW? I mean, I know that it's suppose to be fun and all, but magical? I keep reading where people call it magical...what does that mean exactly?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

Hi Jae mye,

For us, WDW is a truly magical place.

It offers the ultimate in escapism, a place where adults truly become children again!!!!!!!.

I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about the place!!!!.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

To us Disney is the place we have had the best memories. It bridges the gap in ages and everyone is on the same level (a kid). The music is brilliant throughout the park, each section is themed to perfection.

Also we only stay onsite now and the no driving is magical. I can't tell you how many times I have been in and out of my van today in 9 degree weather. That alone is worth the cost of this trip, having disney drive us everywhere.

London
Level Contributor
245 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

It's so difficult to explain but it is just so so magical. It is definitely a place of excapism, before i went i had dissertation worries on my mind and would stress everyday, but you forget about everything ... everywhere you look there is something amazing to take note of, even if it is the minutist of detail in buildings.

It truly is amazing. I didn't stress once while I was away, and when i was leaving i felt sad about leaving this little world .. you really do get caught up in it all and become Disney mad for a couple of weeks lol :)

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

I have a little cry each time I'm at Disney. I grew up going to the parks....camping at Fort Wilderness. Now I am taking my babies, and seeing it through their eyes is just as thrilling for me. I just love the music, the beautiful architecture, the brilliant creativity of the Imagineers, and top all that off with fireworks! It truly is the "Happiest Place on Earth"!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

Where else can a 62 year old man act like a youngster meet Peter Pan enter the world of Pirates talk to a Mouse have his photo taken with Winne the Pooh travel on a runaway train sing to zippady do dah then fall 60 feet while getting soaked,go back in time see bears dancing on a stage travel to the moon get shrunk ride a test track meet R2D2 meet Snow White fight alongside Buzz Lightyear soar above California Its Magical ,im getting goose bumbs just writing this and this will be my 84 trip lol.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
262 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

Haha...okay okay...you guys are putting a smile on my face!!! Here is where I'm stuck...I am scared to death of rides. I don't want my kids to think I'm no fun and boring. I used to be a dare devil, but then I became a mom, and I hate being in situations in which I have no control (like a roller coaster slingng me off the ride!) I'm worried that I'll be to scared to let go and feel any "magic".

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

jae_mye theres nothing really that wild in Disney parks thats Universal and Bush Gardens ,Space Mountain will be closed so relax you will love it

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

Jae Mye- You will be fine, like you I used to ride anything but since having kids I can not handle much. Not too many rides you will have to sit out at disney. I have managed to do several. If you choose not to go on a ride, make them happy by going and getting their next fast pass. Gather everyones ticket and go to the next ride they want to fast pass. You get to enjoy the park and not just sit there and they enjoy the ride.

Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

Nemmis... I absolutely adore your answer. You should be in the next commercial, because you really took us all there with you!!!!

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,937 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Okay....so you have to tell me...

jae mye

you can have a thousand answers here and still don´t get the magic thing...but just wait till you enter Main Strees at Magic Kingdom, see a show at the castle, the parades, the fireworks...and then come back here to tell us your answer!!!