We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with our Disney photos???

Boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with our Disney photos???

We arrived back yesterday (trip report will follow shortly) - a great time but BURRR! Thanks to all on this forum who provided us with much needed and appreciated help in planning our vaca!

Here is a question - what do you all do with your Disney photos? I am a photo hog! We have about 300 "good ones" and I can certainly put them in a book but wondering if anyone may have a more creative idea? Maybe narrow it down and scrapbook or photobook? Any suggestions or tips for supplies / websites?? Has anyone tried the Disney photopass photobook site (www.disneyphotopass.com)??

Thanks!!

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
New York
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

last year when we went to Disney I bought at Downtown Disney, one of the large disney frames-the kind with all of the cut outs-I put a few pictures of us when we first went to disney (before our son), then a few pics when we brought our son when he was little, then a few from last year-I think it's nice not only to have the present pics,but the older ones too (or on the otherhand, we can see how old we're getting LOL!)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

I think you would be paying a premium for using the Disney Photopass site. Have a look at this site, http://www.blurb.com/

The books look amazing and the prices seem reasonable. I have never used them, but plan to after this years Orlando holiday.

Boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

What great ideas! I love the website - I thought it would be similar to www.shutterfly.com, which I usually recommend, but there is so much more room for text - really a great site. Thanks for sharing!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
619 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

If you are into photobooks, then you might want to look at www.artscow.com. Right now they have an intro special for $6.99 shipped for a 20 page book and any of us who use their services have codes for a 30 page book for $11.99 shipped. ( codes- ZTWE9JL, Z4XMZNR, ZR8UDMP). A couple of things about Artscow: one- you have to download a Microsoft program called Silverlight, it takes a couple of minutes and you can get it from either Microsoft or Artscow, two- they have a gallery where you can see everyone else's book ideas (once you down load Silverlight), three- it takes about three weeks for shipping. I have made about a dozen books so far and I love this site.

After you finish making your book, you can go to the forum section and ask the artscow personnel to check your book over and see if it is ok. I think that is a terrific service.

I have also made two sided "dog tags" with my husband and I one one side and our name, address, and tel # on the other. I can use these for luggage tags or personal ID. (I also have a photo of us laminated on the back page of our passports)

OK- last idea and then I will shut up! We went to China this year. I made "playing cards" minus the playing card suits and numbers, with us on one side and a photo of China on the other. My husband has these in his backpack when we travel, so when people say, "So where have you been lately...?" It is MUCH easier than carrying photobooks. I bet your kids would like their own deck of cards with their favorite photos. I even sent some in Christmas cards this year.

Sorry if this is too long but I am a huge photo person.

PS I have a plain old laundry area in my basement with painted concrete walls,,, I have livened things up with posters of my favorite photos from all over the world. But, that is another story.

London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

There is a software package called 'roxio easy media creator suite 10' which has an application on it so you can put all your photo's in a slide show & add your own choice of music in the background. Then this can be burned to DVD so you can watch it on your tv. Very impressive results & you don't need to be a computer wizz to do it either.

United States
Level Contributor
601 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

I bought one of the Disney photo books while we were there. Everytime we go, we will get a different one. Those are some great ideas above!

Boston
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

Thanks for all these great ideas! As previously mentioned I am a shutterfly fan and here was a great Disney project I thought you may enjoy...it is not mine but it can be found on the public gallery. Email me for the link if it does not work -

…shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly…

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

Just back from xmas Disney and we had a lot of nice pics on the photopass site. I bit the bullet and paid $70 for a nice, 8x11 bound book with fun Disney backgrounds on each page. I'm glad I did. Otherwise pics would still be on a memory card. You can upload your own pics onto their site to add to the book too. It would have cost me $40 to purchase a cd with the photopass pics to go to another site and make my own book, which I know would be cheaper, but by the time I paid for the cd....

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

AFter our trip last October, i bought some photopass pictures. But instead of buying each picture that I liked at $14.95 each, I made a calendar on the disney photopass site for $24.95 and used the pictures that the Disney cast members took in the parks. So, i have 12 different pictures and a calendar to use. Once the year is over, I will put the calendar away with all of our other pictures from past (and future) Disney trips!

I also did a scrapbook for a previous trip and in the past have purchased the Disney photo albums and just printed all the pictures that were taken! It is definately fun to go back and look at them all!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
505 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do with our Disney photos???

Hi Patsgirrl.

Last year we actually took advantage of the disney photo pass photobook. You can use the pictures taken with your photopass as well as upload your own personal photos for use in the book. I believe my book was approx $70, for twenty pages or so with three photos per page. I like this because we were able to combine the personal photo's we took outside the park as well as those taken by the photopass folks and captured our entire vacation. The quality of the book is very good and the pictures look great. You can add captions to some of the pages and all of the pages have some sort of disney background or character depending on the book you choose. In my opinion this was the best value when ordering from the photopass.