We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

What restaurant is recommended for Disney Hollywood Studios. Will be for 2 adults? Also, should we combine dinner with the Fantasmic show, and if so, which restaurant, what time to we need to request reservations, assuming we can get reservations? Thank you for your help.

WV
Level Contributor
566 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

My favorite for HS is Brown Derby. I think the hours they have available for the fantasmic dining plan are early, approx 4pm - 5pm leaving you plenty of time to get to the show.

Second choice would be Hollywood and Vine because of the fresh food offerings on the buffet (although I am not a big buffet fan).

Third choice for me is 50's Prime Time.

All of these offer the Fantasmic Dinner Show package and I would at least set your reservation 2 hours before the show.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

the Brown Derby is the best restaurant at HS and can be cobined with the Fantasmic package. If you are going at a busy time of year, it is very much woth it to be able to skip the lines to see the show. Mama Melroses is also fine if you stick to the simple things. The only other choice for the Fantsmic package is the Hollywood and Vine buffet which is sort of okay-you have to pick and choose

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,330 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

Just avoid the Sci Fi Diner for full meals. It's o.k. for milkshakes and appetizers, but I did not care for their entree food at all.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

I always head straight for Prime Time Cafe. The pot roast has always been a favorite here for me.

england
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

swdke

Dont forget to check that fantasmic is on the night you plan to go as it is not every night.

Would hate for you to get there to find it is not showing that evening.

HS has the worst choice of restaurants in my opinion.

We usually eat early outside the park then make sure we can get into Fantasmic queue early. Take some snacks and just enjoy the pre show entertainment if there is any and savour the buzz.

Does anyone know if they do still put on pre show entertainment and is the mexican wave still been practiced?

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

I'm with e, Prime Time I love. They don't do the Fantasmic Dining Package though.

Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

The Prime Time Cafe and the SciFi Diner are not available with the Fantasmic package so don't book one of them thinking you will get the pass. The only 3 choices are the Brown Derby,Mama Melroses and the Hollywood and Vine buffet

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

We dine at 50's Prime Time and Brown Derby, on every trip. The pot roast, at Prime Time, is fabulous! Book Brown Derby, for the Fantasmic dinner package. Be sure to ask for a booth. It is a wonderful restaurant, for adults!

Enjoy!

9. Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Restaurant recommendation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 03:17