We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

This would be the ideal resort for us...if it has a balcony in the room! We are travelling with our 20 month old son and one absolute requirement is having a balcony, so once our son crashes for the night we can sit outside for awhile and not disturb him. (Our other option was staying off site in a larger condo, but we would really like to take advantage of the perks of being onsite Disney if possible).

Does anyone know if there are any rooms with balconies at either the Riverside or French Quarter? The location is ideal because of the boat to Downtown Disney.

Thanks!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

No balconies, the cheapest resorts with balconies are the Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Wilderness Lodge.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

You know, in a way, the walkway is a sort of balcony, albeit shared.

We used to sit outside the room in Alligator Bayou, borrow a couple of plastic chairs from a quiet pool, and there was room to do so. If you have a room on the ground floor, near the steps, this is the next best thing to a private balcony. It is covered too, and if you have a nice garden view it is not that bad.

But it is not a balcony in the conventional sense.

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

Thank you! I was wondering if anyone sat out there since it is sort of like a balcony in a way! Good to know it is possible! Will keep it on our list. :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

I saw a few people doing just that, sitting outside their rooms having a few drinks talking. I would imagine little ones might of been sleeping since it was late at night.

Norwood, MA
Level Contributor
355 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

Is it socially acceptable to sit out in the walkway with an adult beverage?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

It is here. But you will be shot if you smoke.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,769 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

How would one know if the beverage was alcoholic if the partaker was discreet? Smoking is far more objectionable.

In any case you are on hotel grounds (not public) in a non-dry county in a non-muslim country so I would feel that I wouldn't be offending anyone's moral or religious sensibilites and not the law either.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

I'll make a case against sitting in chairs and hanging out on a 2nd or 3rd floor balcony.

In my experience, it's been difficult to walk around people doing this, which in turn has made me feel annoyed at them (but of course I've never said anything). It's like we have to squeeze by in order to simply walk in the public hallway from our room to the stairway.

Is it a huge problem for me? No. But I've found it bothersome that someone would seek their own comfort by causing discomfort for others.

On the ground floor, I haven't found it to be a problem because you can simply walk around them ... you can't do that on the upper floprs due to the railings.

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

I'm still on the fence but if we decide to stay here we will definitely request the ground floor.

GLASGOW
Level Contributor
298 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Port Orleans - any rooms with balconies??

Hi there,

I think you will be fine if you request a ground floor room. I have stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside and have seen many people do this in the evening. It never bothered me as there was always room to get past. I am sure you would love either one of these resorts.

We also stayed at Grand Floridian a couple of times and during our first trip there we were lucky enough to have a large corner room which had 2 balconies, it was fantastic but to be honest not worth the difference in price.

Best Regards

TinkGlasgow