We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

London
Level Contributor
234 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

Hello all,

Tried to phone Disney Dining yesterday and book a fantasmic dinner package at Hollywood and vine on 14th may. I was amazed to hear it was sold old already. They told me to ring back at 7am today (12pm our time) for the 17th.I did this and spoke to the reservation assistant at 12.04-the latest time for dinner was 3.45!!!! I was told that these packages just sell out due to the limited shows disney have decided to do.

What are Disney playing at? They are not doing themselves any favours by cutting back on shows (and yes I do realise we are in a recession) but my ticket price hasnt dropped and they are providing less entertainment. Hollywood studios is also way too busy on these days by all accounts so I feel this may have an impact on our enjoyment of the day! Reading the forums, it seems if you havent booked a dinner package you could look at a 2 hr wait (not good with little ones) to watch the show.

So thank you for letting me get this off my chest and hope this helps if youre looking at going to fantasmic

Beth

London
Level Contributor
234 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

And sorry for being a moaning minnie!

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

I can't believe that a dinner show would sell out so far ahead!!!!

Are you sure that they only take a certain amount of advanced bookings & leave the rest of the places for people that just turn up on the day?

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

To be honest, I don´t get the point...

Of course it sells out very quick because they cut down the shown and yes, it will effect my enjoyment level...

but they only have 2 shows (right?) per week and yes, the park will be crowded at these days playing fantasmic.

What would you suggest? Cutting down the prices?? (which of course means that more people will have to loose the job)

the advise here should be that you have to reserve everything well in advance. Disney dining allows to reserve 90 days prior your date. As far as I know the phone lines will be open from 7am in the morning.

I found the guys at the reservation line always helpful.

call under wdw-dine 407 939 3463 and reserve as soon as possible

essen, germany
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

Oh, I almost forgot...

The dinner packages only have a limited quantity and therefore they sell out quickly.

The seats are even not in the middle (to be honest they are WAAAAY on the side)

essen, germany
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

Stepsahead:

That is what I mean... Only a few will go for reservations.

The biggest part will just wait in line.

6000 seats plus 3000 standing places in the arena.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

Fantasmic dinner packages always sell out, right away!(even when there were 2 shows every night) There are a very limited number of reservations, for these packages. The majority of the Fantasmic seating, is saved for walk-in guests.

Although it is nice to have a "reserved" seat, through the dining package, these are NOT the best seats in the house. Plus, you still have to arrive 45 minutes (or more) prior to the show, to get your "reserved" seat.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

I just booked a Fantasmic dinner at the Hollywood & Vine for April 12th. Last reservation for the week. I was even surprised that this one was available. Seats may not be the best however when travelling with a 2 year old the seats will be better than standing in line for 2 hours.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,310 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

BEth502,

Where did you even see that they were doing Fantasmic on May 14th. The only calendar I have for May showing Fantasmic hours doesn't show them even going Fantasmic that night.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/mayfw09.cfm

The only night that week Fantasmic is showing is on Sunday, May 10th.

It's not until the following week beginning on May 20th that the frequency of nights of Fantasmic begin to increase.

London
Level Contributor
234 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

Hello everyone...Thanks for your replies

…go.com/wdwi/en_GB/calendar/dailyview/index… shows that fantasmic is on the 14th and when I rang to book the reservation lady told me the dining package was fully booked?

I seem to have stirred a few people up with this post which was not my intention.

Im not suggesting Disney drop prices and people lose their jobs. I was a bit miffed at phoning dead on the 90 day and getting 3.45pm as the latest dinner package available. I put the post on to warn others.

Ive heard stories of people waiting in line for 2 hours (due to the crowds)which is not an option for us with 2 little ones so that why we wanted this package. Weve done the fantasmic dining 3 times before and booked when we got to the US and not had problems. I can only speak from experience.

cheers

Beth

WV
Level Contributor
566 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking fantasmic dinner package-a warning

Kat, I have been using an international site for the calendar - I hate the new calendar! Someone posted it on a thread a couple weeks ago:

…go.com/wdwi/en_GB/calendar/parkhours/

Hope the link works!

I called 7:00am at the 90 day mark and I had to take a very early time for Fantasmic Dinner show...it sure is getting booked fast!