We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

Valmeyer, IL
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

We're trying to decide on a second park to visit and are weighing Epcot vs Universal. We have 11yo son and (almost)4yo daughter. Our son's not into rollercoasters and our daughter will not be tall enough to meet height requirements on most of the bigger rides. Need opinions on best entertainment/experience for whole family between Epcot and Unviersal. Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,408 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

Epcot for sure, IMO, would be great fun for all of you. Lots of entertainment, Nice easy Rides ( don't miss Soarin' ) Great food and very relaxed atmosphere

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/…ep-overview.htm

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

I think from reading your post that Epcot is for you.

Mexico has a really cool log ride.

The walk around Epcot is very nice and several countries interact with the kids. Try to close the park to see the great fireworks.

Test Track will be nice for your son. There is only one part which speeds up.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

Wow partypa: Great minds think alike and at the same time.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

You guys are just too quick for me.....

Another vote for Epcot!

Valmeyer, IL
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

Thank you all very much! We had decided on Epcot but I started second-guessing myself so I appreciate everyone's input!

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

Another Epcot vote; there are a few non-roller coaster type rides and some nice easy family rides. Make sure the whole family goes in The seas with Nemo and Friends and sees Turtle Talk with Crush. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is great fun for adults and older kids, but if your four-year old is easily frightened, I'd skip that one for her. The waterworks playground outside the Imagination pavillion can be lots of fun. Kidcot pavillions, set up in each country, are worthwhile for your little one. And, of course, you will encounter Mickey and Friends throughout the park!

Aurora
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

The only part of the park your daughter could enjoy at Universal would be the Dr. Seuss area in IOA and maybe a ride or two in the other half of Universal. Epcot has other things to do besides rides. If she is tall enough, Soarin' is great, smooth and not scary. The only problem is EPCOT is a big place with alot of walking. Suggest you take a stroller even for a 4 year old if she tires easily.

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

I agree Epcot all the way, we love Epcot, it is probably one of my favourite parks, very relaxing and calm, a few good rides, amazing fireworks in the evening and the worlds are just amazing and worth a nice quiet stroll around.

IOA ok but we have not been back on the last few visits, it just is not disney.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

One more late incoming vote: Epcot most definitely! I am partial to Disney.

Epcot has lots of stuff for kids. My children always loved the Living Seas. It is a giant aquarium.

We love Soarin, too.

My kids loved the boat ride in the Mexico Pavillion, but most of all my daughter has always loved Norway. She fell in love with the Norway ride when she was a very little girl and especially the trolls. And even today at age 24, it is still her favorite! Enjoy your visit!

cambridge
Level Contributor
222 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Opinions - Epcot vs Universal

I concur with everyone else EPCOT would be the best park to visit you are introduced to different cultures there is really great shopping and you can eat your way around the world. As well as the above I would highly recommend going on Soaring and the Ellens Universe of Energy (i think thats the right title)and visiting the aquarium.