We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking food/drinks into theme parks

Preston
Level Contributor
67 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Taking food/drinks into theme parks

HI can anyone help how stricted are the theme parks about taking your own food and drinks into the parks, we were here last just after 9/11 and things were very understandably very strict just wondered if they have become more flexible. Have 7 month old plus 6 year old so want to take in fruit snacks water for the baby (boiled not bottled) any advice

Thanks

hollywood birmingham
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

hi there

You will be fine, we always take our own drinks and snacks in, my 6 year old does not like fizzy drinks so we take squash for him.

Chris

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
824 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

Hi BeaniesPreston

I can only speak from when we have visited Universal, we have never had a problem taking food and drinks into the parks. I did once see a glass bottle confiscated, so I suppose not glass bottles and you will be fine.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

Good question! Thanks for the responses.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

Must add, The parks dont like hard sided coolers, but a soft sided coolerbag is fine.

We take loads of stuff in every visit but then we are a large family.

Preston
Level Contributor
67 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

Thanks for that i will put baby food in a container and out of the glass jar just to be sure

Thanks again

texas
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

some baby food in the US is now in individual plastic tubs, so you may want to get this when you are here. Would hate for you to have to transfer it to tubs,then get food poisoning walking around parks with it like that. Just a thought, as my "baby" just turned 16. I saw the plastic ones the other day and although I try to recycle and not buy plastic, baby food was always something that would get home from the store and the glass would be chipped.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

While you are technically not allowed to bring food or beverages into the disney parks, this is routinely ignored by the Security personnel. As long as you aren't bringing in a huge lunch,definitely bring snacks and water and juice boxes. Unfortunately ,most of what passes for snacks at Disney is junk and their fruits and veggie snack selection is...aged. We bring in what the kids are used to eating at home and water bottles.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

Has anyone brought snacks and water into Seaworld lately?

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

As long you dont bring coolers its ok with them. I always take snacks and even small sandwiches, water, cookies, etc. to Disney and Universal parks. To Sea World and Aquatica I only took water and snacks and had no problem.

Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
171 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taking food/drinks into theme parks

We always put snacks and a couple bottle of water in our backpack. They never said anything about it when we went through security.