We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

Ive been meaning to write trip reports for so long, but SO much happens on a trip that when I think of writing it all down, I realize I never have time! So needless to say, I'm taking sometime from work to quickly do what i hope will be a short report =o)

Took off from Newark at 7am, landed in Orlando a lil before 10am -- perfect! i like to get to my destinations

EARLY and leave LATE! =O)

My friend from cali is already there.. so we head to the magic express =o) takes us to our resort, our rooms are ready - n tada! were here!! (stayed at disney's pop century). my friend took a nap, my bro n i explored the resort n took TONS of pictures! =O) it was about mid 50s, which was fine for us bc we just came from NJ where it was in single digits!

We got hungry and headed to get somethign to eat at Everything Pop. Not bad selection, but our two entrees and one bottle of water cost $20! so then my friend woke up, we headed to downtown Disney. I LOVE downtown disney! we started at market place.. took pix EVERYWHERe.. went to the make a t-shirt store, made a t-shirt for my other brother that was back home. funniest 30 bucks i spent! then off to the art of disney -- where i lost myself n spent quite a bit money buying artwork =o) FAVORITE store at downtown disney!

(after world of disney of course), we made a point to stop at EVERY store in marketplace.. we had over a 100 pix just from resort n marketplace =o) it got dark, n the sunset was beautiful to watch. we ate mcdonalds bc we knew nething after this was going to cost a lot more.. n for dessert I had to have ghiradelli so i made them go too. LOVE CHOCOLATE! LOVE GHIRADELLI! it was my heaven =o)

we strolled upto pleasure island, but did not go into west side that night.

headed to the resort, hung out for a bit n went to bed.

Day 2:

Got to Epcot before it opened, and was ecstatic to be able to get thru the doors as one of the first few. ! =o) picture taking started before we had even gotten ON the bus at the resort. got on a few rides in future world, watched the honey i shrunk the audience show (cute), n then the world showcase had just started. i had SO much fun at epcot.. started in canada... then UK (had fish n chips there), off to france! had dessert

there at the pastry shop -- great creme brulee! we took pictures with belle! =O) n then we headed to morrocco -- took pix with Jasmine and Genie! i collected chocoalate along the way -- have an awesome collection till now. went off to japan next i believe, shopped a LOT there.. was so excited to see food i used to eat as a kid -- it was like finding a long lost friend. hehe. bought food, bunch of other japanese items.. the best part was, could have everything delivered to our room! then we had some sushi..spicy tuna was the only one we picked out of the two choices, n im not a spicy tuna fan, so i skipped. then we headed to italy -- more chocolate shopping there... china -- had some spring rolls, no chinese chocolate =o( watched chinese street show (that was cool). the rest of the countries after here got rushed a little bit bc it was almost dark n we wanted good seats for illuminations! so in germany, i bought cowbells n we ate a pretzel n purchased chocolates, in norway, just chocolates, in mexico, we saw donald n took pix and got to ride on the boat ride inside the tepee/pyramid, n then we ran across the park to get on the california ride (i forgot what its called!) n my friend was so insistent.. so then we had to rush to the lake after for our illumination show (didnt get the best spot, but not bad at all). I love Illuminations! it was so pretty!! =o) since we had the extra magic hours, we stayed till 11 -- went back to morrocco and had moroccan dinner - yummy yummy! i had a chicken shwarma dinner, bro had lamb and my friend had a chicken one as well.

we took the boat ride from epcot to the different resorts and headed back on the epcot (by then we were the only 3 on the boat!). haha as a side note: EVERYONE who works at Disney is good looking!! haha I wonder if its a secret requirement. so then we head off to our resort for our 2nd park!

Day 3:

we got to Hollywood studios an hr b4 it opened bc of the xtra magic hour, which was awesome. got to take pix with mickeys hat without 50 gazillion ppl in the background. it was like a herd of cows going thru when they opened up the rope to let us in. cud have gotten run over! we headed to tower of terror as there was no line. we had a blast at hollywood studios, got to go to almost every ride, saw beauty and the beast show! took pix with chip and dale, minnie, pluto, goofy, donald and daisy, mickey at the animations center... got to take the animation course twice : drew tigger the first time, stitch the second. a GREAT GREAT experience! my disappoinment was that fantasmic was closed for the night!!! =O( i was so very sad. by midday, i had finished my 1G memory chip n had to purchase a 2nd bigger size one at the park!

p.s. the block party parade was really boring! i wouldnt watch it again.

since the park closed at 8, we headed back to resort to get dressed up nicely and head for a nice dinner at downtown disney. we ate at portabello.. the waitress recommended the calamari -- it was fantastic!! for dinner, my brother had a chicken meatball dish (REALLY GOOD) and my friend n i both had the chicken farfalle dish (also recommended) -- DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! makes my mouth water jus thinking about it. we only drank water, our bill was 80+$! but it was great food!

so after being fully stuffed, we headed back to our resort.. went off to bed, gearing for my favorite day!

Magic Kingdom!

Day 4:

My friend was late getting ready so I left her and went to MK b4 it open3ed, watched the opening show with all the characters! =o) My brother and I got our birthday pins this day (we should have gotten it for all the parks), since we were ther eto celebrate our bdays. We took so many castle pix, a good 1/3 of my total MK pix are castle shots! we had also remembered to get a disney photopass card back in epcot, so we had the photographers take our pix throughout all the parks, which are available for viewing later online or same day at the park. my friend finally caught up with us, we watched mickey's once upont a time show in front of the castle, headed to tomorrow land where we ran into a talking trash can that sang happy birthday to me n called me princess jasmine! hah that made my day in a childish way =o) (fyi, im 27). we went to toontown and stood in line to take pix with the princesses, wat a blast that was, went to minnie and mickeys house.. headed to fantasy land, got on its a small world among other rides. saw the celebration parade.. we had GREAT seats for this one! then we ate waffles, ice cream and floats by the castle -- it was awesome.

later at night, we watched Wishes and we had seats RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE. Absolutely magical! It totally made my day/trip/month/year! =o)

After wishes, we headed to our bday dinner reservation at pooh's crystal palace -- all you can eat buffet, we had really late timing: 9:30, we were starved but had ruined our appetitie with other things we ate an hour before.. so we didnt get our money's worth in terms of food, but we had a blast with pooh, eyeore, and tigger.

after dinner, we spent some time shopping -- n the very last thing we did at MK was watch "kiss goodnight" at the castle.. when it shimmers, shines, plays music and kisses u goodnight! =O) my last shot at disney was of the clock on main street striking "12:05am". Gotta say: just didnt have enuf time in MK to do everything we wanted!

so sad that it was our last night, last park, we headed off to our resort....

Day 5:

Woke up, checked out, left our luggage at the resort and headed to downtown disney for lunch (mc donalds again), dessert (one last time at ghiradelli) and last min. shoppings =o) just found SOO many things! had to resist SOME of it... after saying our goodbye to downtown disney, we headed abck to the resort two hours before our time to head back to the airport. Toured the resort to take pix that my friend hadnt taken the first day.. relaxed by the pool for a bit, took pictures inside the life size 1980s and 1990s sign (had to climb into the "0"s)... lotsa fun!

headed to airport, ate at the food court... n said our goodbyes as we headed back to different ends of the country! =O(

.... I LOVE DISNEY!!!! n i cannot wait to go back!

...next stop though: Vegas in March!

p.s. I really did cut out a LOT of details, tried to keep it concise, but this is o so long! sorry! =O|

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

Nice reading about Your trip

Mutter

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

Great trip report, loved reading it. It sounds like it was a swell time! Just for the note: You can only get your birthday badge at one park now.:)

Sounded fun!

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

I ment to say, you will have a blast in Vegas!! Vegas is always a great place to go with friends and only firends, no family(kids).

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

Great 'quick' report, lol

I am absolutely bowled over by your energy and enthusiasm! I can just imagine you rushing here, there and everywhere.

How I wish I was twenty (or maybe thrity) years younger!

Nine weeks and counting!

Deaconblue

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

Wow! Sounds like you did alot in 5 day!! Great report! Love your writing style! Have a blast in Vegas!

Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

aww thanks guys!

btw, i noticed that my sentences got cut off at places (must be the darn notepad! i used that to write as i was "working" n just copied n pasted it on).. hehe

i DID have a blast.. n i hope to write a report after my vegas trip too! =o)

pa
Level Contributor
53,817 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom and lots of fun food. Love it !!

Did you get in free on your Birthday or get the Gift Card ?

There is never enough time for everything at Disney. How soon will you go back ? :)

Keasbey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

No, we didnt get in free bc our real birthdays were in January but I had just gotten back from Paris two weeks prior to our bdays and really couldn't afford to go so soon (esp since i treated my bro to this trip as his bday present). so we went a month later.

and originally it was 4 of us on the trip, but one friend had work crisis and couldnt make it, so we still have to use her tickets within a year, so i'll be going back around sept! hehe but this was my first time back in 8 years!! i cant wait! =o)

Boston
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

Great report! You packed so much into one visit - inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

pa
Level Contributor
53,817 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: My Disneyworld Trip Report : Feb 2009

Celebrating a Birthday anytime is Swell

See you in September :)