We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liki Tiki Village

New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Liki Tiki Village

Hi

Anyone stayed at Liki Tiki Village? I'm thinking of getting a 2 bedroom suite. ANy ideas about the place and who has been there in the past couple months? Thanks

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Liki Tiki Village

good place with nice pool area

it's a timeshare so be careful, don't get suckered into taking a high pressure presentation

New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Liki Tiki Village

Do I have to pay extra resort fee? I don't see it on the package I'm looking at, so is it one of those things they surprise you with at check-in/out?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Liki Tiki Village

it's possible, but I don't know... ask this question over at http://tugbbs.com/forums/

that's the timeshares user's group and they will be able to answer all your questions... try the florida forum

New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Liki Tiki Village

Thank you so much.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liki Tiki Village

Ask for a higher numbered building, those are the newer ones. 1000 and up

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liki Tiki Village

I stayed here in 2005 and thought it was great, we stayed in one of the 2 story condos and there was tonnes of space for us 3 adults and 1 child. Two big bedrooms, two big bathrooms, nice seating area, well equipped kitchen. It had a lovely pool, especially if your kids are younger. However, it IS a little far out, especially of your main destination is Disney, traffic on the 192 was quite bad at times too.

I now stay on site at Disney, but if I was staying off-site, I would probably choose somewhere a bit more central.

New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Liki Tiki Village

NCMC....we will have two boy, 23 months and 18 months old with us. We are planning to go to Magic Kingdom and Sea World. How long is the drive to Disney? It said 10 minutes on the website, that's not true?

I'm only going to the Tiki because of the pool area for the kids. Anywhere else that you know of that have a similar pool like the Tiki and is closer to Disney?

Thanks again for all the reply.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liki Tiki Village

Gosh, it's going back a bit now, but if I recall correctly, it's about 10 miles so I would think 10 mins is majorly optimistic. I would say 25-30 mins taking traffic into account would be more accurate. And that's just to the car park, if you are talking about Magic Kingdom, it takes another 20mins or so to get from the car park to the actual gate. However, there are a lot of restaurants and attractions such as mini golf on the 192, so you would have plenty to do on your doorstep.

The pool would be good for that age group, maybe some of the experts here could help with a 2 bed condo closer to Disney. Lake Buena Vista would prob be a better location for you, maybe you could post a new thead asking this question to get more 'traffic'.

NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Liki Tiki Village

Hi, I was lurking on this site as my family is going to Liki Tiki April 1st to the 8th.

I just wanted to let GOiN2travel know that another option that has a GREAT water "park" area is Orange Lake Country Club. The place is HUGE though----but the amenities are awesome. Hope this helped a bit.

New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Liki Tiki Village

Thanks KCMOM we decided we will stay at the Liki because of the kids. The Breeze looked good too but we already booked. Enjoy your stay. Let me know how was your stay. I'll be there 4-18 to 4-22 at the LIki.