We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best waterpark for 13 & 11 y/o? Blizzrd Bch/Typhoon/Aquatica

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Best waterpark for 13 & 11 y/o? Blizzrd Bch/Typhoon/Aquatica

We've never been to any of these. Which would you recommend for an active 13 and 11 year old in mid-August (high crowds) and why?

Thanks.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best waterpark for 13 & 11 y/o? Blizzrd Bch/Typhoon/Aquatica

We like Blizzard Beach for the longer lazy river, the slides are very good there, Typhoon Lagoon has the swim with the sharks and rays area, that is very cool, I don't think you can go wrong with a Disney water park.

pa
Level Contributor
53,702 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best waterpark for 13 & 11 y/o? Blizzrd Bch/Typhoon/Aquatica

I highly recomend Blizzard Beach. Everyone should try Summit Plummet at least once :)

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/…blizzard.htm

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best waterpark for 13 & 11 y/o? Blizzrd Bch/Typhoon/Aquatica

I think that both parks are great the rides in blizzard beach are truley amazing and there are some really big rides there especially for the thrill seekers. However my faverite is Typhoon Lagoon as there is still some really good rides their such as crush and gusher which is really good. But my faverite thing out of all the waterparks is the wavepool in Typhoon Lagoon which is wicked. The biggest of the waves are about 6 feet tall. You could be in there for about three hours and love every minute of it. Getting smashed by the waves and wondering where you are going end up is awsome.

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best waterpark for 13 & 11 y/o? Blizzrd Bch/Typhoon/Aquatica

My DD(11) has been to all the parks from Tampa to Orlando and then some. Her Favorite is Wet N Wild. (she loves the rides and the knee boarding)After that Aquatica and Blizzard Beach. (She has never been in snow so thinks Blizzard Beach is neat) She likes TL but not as much as the others. As for Adventure Island....she LOVES it but has been so many times (we live in Tampa) she is over it....after years of going almost daily...when it is open. So I would not rule Wet N wild out.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best waterpark for 13 & 11 y/o? Blizzrd Bch/Typhoon/Aquatica

Simply answer...the nearest to where you are staying (as in my opinion they are all fairly similiar). Of the two Disney ones, we prefer Typhoon Lagoon as seem to be more opportunity to relax than at Blizzard Beach. But if staying around IDrive area I wouldnt drive to disney rather than doing Aquatica (same in the other direction as well)

UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best waterpark for 13 & 11 y/o? Blizzrd Bch/Typhoon/Aquatica

Hi

I have never been to Aquatica so can't comment on that park.

I personally don't like the position of W and W. There you are with your tube and cossie on waiting in line with cars driving past and queuing at the traffic lights.

My 12 year old Son prefers Blizzard Beach as the rides are better. I don't as I'm not one for the rides. I tend to laze round the 'bobbing pool' which is always overcrowded. The sun beds are too close together, but the family ride ( I think it's teamboat springs) and the racing ride where you lie on the foam mat and race down the slide (toboggan racers?) are great.

Typhoon Lagoon is the rest of my famillies favourite as the wave pool is so great. You just cant beat the tropical atmosphere and music there.

7. Re: Best waterpark for 13 & 11 y/o? Blizzrd Bch/Typhoon/Aquatica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 05:31