We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

hi

can anybody tell me how far in advance you can book your seat on the virgin website?

i booked a holiday with virgin a couple of weeks ago and was left with the impression that i'd be able to choose my seats as soon as my conformation details were through.

however, i can't find the option within "manage my booking" to do it.

thanks

uk
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

Hi You need to go into the VA site and go into manage my booking on that. But good luck as lots of people are having problems trying to do this at the moment. Some have been told 9includding myself) that you can only do it 2 weeks before you travel, however, in my case this was not correct info form VH as I have managed to book my seats.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

I have been told today that a new policy was brought in 1st jan 2009, anyone who booked after that date cannot prebook seats until 2 weeks before they travel, if booked before then you can do it 11mths before, However alot havent been working and I for one have been unable to do mine.

The page in question is on VA's web site not VH's website. But the VH ref Number doesnt seem to work you have to get a six digit number from Virgin holidays before you can do it.

Confused...I am!!

brighton
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

I booked a virgin holiday last September for May 09 and booked seats there and then. But I think the policy has changed. When are you going?

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

thanks

i've gone on to VA website now but it seems it doesn't recognise my booking referance! think will ring them and see if they can tell me whats wrong.

Going on 4th June

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

Did you book through a travel agent? If you did I think some of the "manage my booking" features won't be available to you.

kent
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

I booked flights only, via VA,(last year)I can manage my flights and have booked our seats outgoing (UC) and incoming (PE),I did read somewhere that VH now block book seats,Have you Tried the Virgin Atlantic site,and used the Manage my flights option

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,975 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

I have just tried to view mine through "manage your booking". Previously I could choose seats, order special meals etc... now it won't let me view anything saying that I can't view it until my tickets have been issued.....!

kent
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

how did you book,i booked online and chose my seats 5 minutes later

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

i booked direct with virgin and have been on the VA website.

I'm getting the same thing about not being able to do it until tickets are issed.

think i'll try it for a few days to see if it's just a website problem that works itself out.....

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booking your seat on virgin atlantic flight

booked over the phone...