We moved to Florida last year and since our daughter feels like the only Floridian who hasn't gone to Disney, we thought we'd take a quick mid-week trip up there (March)....we're on a very tight budget.
We plan to drive there (about 3-4 hours), stay overnight, and come back late the next night (i.e. 1 night lodging).
Our questions are:
- value or moderate Disney resort (for value, only the All-Sports is available...we can get a really good rate on that $69+tax, but the moderate would be $119+tax...don't plan to spend much time in the room except to sleep...but want to be comfortable. Worth the extra money?
- there's a special for Florida residents on the 2-day pass....but we'd really only be able to use it on Day 1 for a couple of hours (though maybe we could stay a little later and that way we'd see the park as it looks at night a little....)...but we're thinking it might help us not feel quite so rushed on the full day we'll be there.
We know we'll be back and really only want this to be a quick, affordable trip. I'm thinking that we should stay in the value hotel and get the 2-day pass. Otherwise, if we only have the 1-day pass, we'd get to see Downtown Disney on Day 1 (is that a good place for dinner and something to see?).
- go for the cheapest (1-day pass, 1 night value)
- prioritize 2 days of park (and cheaper hotel)
- prioritize nicer hotel (and 1 day at park)
Thoughts? we're only planning on going to the Magic Kingdom and know we won't see everything!