We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

having to rescedule:(

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
having to rescedule:(

After all the planning, I am going to have to rescedule my trip. The from the first week of May. I was thinking of early June. I look on the crowd levels and the only events are Gay day at certain parks and Star Wars on the weekends. During these events is it really crazy? Hot? Or should I rethink and schedule my trip for the following year?

I went last Nov. so was really wanting to be there when both water parks are open. What would you do?

Thanks

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: having to rescedule:(

Reschedule your trip to Sept and come to a gathering.lol

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: having to rescedule:(

lol.Hey that's a thought..But not sure I can handle the heat!!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: having to rescedule:(

Late Sept no hotter than June!

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: having to rescedule:(

I vote for September too as long as they offer the free dining plan at that time again. Both water parks should still be open then.

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: having to rescedule:(

Sorry min that you have to rebook :(

September is great, hope to have the Biggest TA Gathering ever :)

June is really Hot & Humid but if you can only go then you'll be OK. We've gone in June the last two years, the key is to take that afternoon break everyone always talks about. It really helps to cool off for a bit and then go back to the Parks after the Sun goes down. Gay Days doesn't effect much, I never noticed any increase in crowds. Star Wars Weekends effects the crowds at DHS but that's about it

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: having to rescedule:(

ok...lets see..when is the gathering?

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: having to rescedule:(

:( Okay I did it:( I changed my plans to May 30-June 9th. I really didnt want to go in June, but didn't really want to wait either. I think starting today when I go to the gym I will ask them to start turning the heater way up, so I can really get a work out and get use to the heat lol! (just joking)

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: having to rescedule:(

Well Done

Don't worry too much about the Heat. We managed just fine the last two Junes, take that afternoon break and have a nice relaxing swim and a nap in the AC. The Parks are great fun after the Sun goes down, they stay open later during the Summer, that's nice :)

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: having to rescedule:(

Well done. Sept as well?

Georgia
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: having to rescedule:(

One thing that always helps with the heat is a water bottle with a fan on it. Every now and then squirt yourself and let the fan blow, it's amazing!

I recommend getting one for everyone in your group.