We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toll On Highway

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Toll On Highway

We are planning on renting a car to drive to Kennedy Space Centre. We are drving from Disney World and wondering how much the toll is to drive out to KSC.

Thank you for your help

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toll On Highway

We drove to Disney from Illinois and came in on the toll road. I believe we had to stop at 3 or 4 tolls and that the cost for each one was around $2.50 to $4 each (but I don't really remember), which seemed ridiculous to us (we have tolls in IL, but they're 40 cents usually). However, all told, it wasn't god-awful expensive. Also, we left the Disney area and drove to Daytona for a few days and whatever route we took, we didn't pay any tolls. So, you can likely avoid the tolls if you adjust your route, or if you do pay the tolls, it should still be relatively cheap compared to the rest of your vacation!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Toll On Highway

Thank you for your reply. I'm just trying to figure out difference in cost renting a car or taking a tour going to KSC. In Canada our toll booth is $10 each way.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toll On Highway

You're welcome. Like I said, I don't really recall the actual cost except that is was more than we're used to, but again, not outrageous. I think if you Google the Florida Turnpike you can probably get a more accurate cost. Several years ago we took the turnpike all the way from Kissimmee to Miami and were shocked at the cost, but it was probably under $25. If the car rental plus $20 is cheaper than the planned tour, do the car rental. Let me know-I'll find you a toll free route to KSC.

FL
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toll On Highway

$2.75 if you take Rt 4 to the Beachline Expwy (Rt. 528) there will be 3 tolls of .75, .75 , and $1.25. if you take Rt 417 to 528 the first 2 tolls will be $1 and then the $1.25 toll for a total of $3.25.

UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Toll On Highway

Hi. Just about to say the same PaceFL.The tolls are not expensive. J.

6. Re: Toll On Highway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 12:25