We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Ball !

Bristol
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Crystal Ball !

I know that this is pure guess work but I would like some advice on whether to get my dollars now or wait until the end of june when I am going to Orlando.Maybe there is an economist out there who can give me good advice!!

Your opinions would be much appreciated as I know that nothing can be certain but it would be good to know what other views are.

Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crystal Ball !

which experts would you trust!! Flipping a coin is probably as likely to give the correct info. It's the so called experts that have got the ecconomy to the state it's in

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,141 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crystal Ball !

my degree is in Biology not economics but I go to FL frequently.

No expert anywhere can tell you where the pound will go, especially with new 'initiatives' from Gordon B like quantative easing- his latest. What you can do is hedge your bets. How much currency will you need? Break it down into 500 quid lots and buy the currency that way. This is the amt that most providers will fgive you free delivery for. Some now, some in a few weeks some 2 weeks before you go etc. That way, if the rate gets worse you won't have lost out totally and if it gets better again you will have goained by not buying it all now.

If you have debit cards and credit cards call them. Ask them what they will charge you if you use your dc to withdraw cash, and your ccs what they will charge for purchases. They are all different and vary greatly. If like me you have more than one CC you may find the one you use most often at home is not the one to use abroad.

Crown Currency gives the best rate so check with them, but you pay upfront. Other good providers are Travelex online (NOT travelex at the airport which is the most expensive) Fair FX, M and S, and the post office. If you want to compare rates call them all in the same morning or afternoon as the rates vary daily and sometimes are changed midday.

Bristol
Level Contributor
322 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crystal Ball !

Thanks

4. Re: Crystal Ball !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 22:17