We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split Fast Pass tickets???

Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Split Fast Pass tickets???

Hi, We're a family of 5. Our youngest son is 3 and obviously won't be able to do some of the bigger rides that my other kids will do (EE, ToT etc). My question is... using our 5 park tickets (one for each in our family) can we get 3 fast passes for say 'Pirates' at 10am then trot over to 'Buzz' and use the other 2 park tickets to get another 2 fast passes 5 mins later?? Does that make sense? I know you can only hold 1 fastpass at a time but wasn't sure if you could split your groups tickets to get different ones?? Thanks

Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Split Fast Pass tickets???

yes you can do this, watch your timing if you are doing this as soonas the park opens.

Level Contributor
10,036 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Split Fast Pass tickets???

Yes and the fast passes do not have to be used by the persons who tickets is entered into the machine.

We sometimes use all our tickets to get a fast pass and then my husband and I will give up our FP to allow 2 to go again.

Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Split Fast Pass tickets???

Yes we used to do this all the time when the kids were little. We had 6 tickets but only three would go on a fast ride so we would get three for say Mission space and three using the other tickets for test track...they are older now so sadly cant do this now.

Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Split Fast Pass tickets???

Thanks, that's great news. Every little tip helps to get that little extra out of the holiday! Nice one!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Split Fast Pass tickets???

The only thing that you have to bear in mind as that you can only FASTPASS 1 attraction per ticket I think every 90 or 120 mins.

So if you fast pass a ride at 11.00 then you cannot fastpass another ride for 90-120 mmins but till 12.30-13.00 please check on the fast pass ticket which tells you at thre bottom of the pass ticket when you can next fasspass a ride - it will not allow you to do it any earlier

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,187 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Split Fast Pass tickets???

Here's my "all you need to know" thesis about Fast Pass:

Disney Fast Pass is a free service offered at many of the more popular Disney attractions within each of the four theme parks. Not all attractions have it, but the ones with typically the longest lines do. Here's how it works:

At the entrance of each Fast Pass attraction, there is a set of machines that look like ATM machines. You simply insert your theme park ticket into the Fast Pass machines, and out comes your Fast Pass (be sure to get one for everyone in your party). On the Fast Pass is a "return time" window. When the time on the Fast Pass arrives, simply go back to the ride and enter the que line through the special "Fast Pass" entrance (located somewhere near the main que line). This line is typically much shorter and you practically move to the front of the line (or almost to the front in some cases) on the ride.

As far as frequency goes, you may obtain additional Fast Passes throughout the day after your initial one is used OR after waiting two hours from obtaining your most recent one.

For instance, if you obtain a Fast Pass at 9:30 AM and it's return time is 10:15 AM, when that time arrives, you'll be able to obtain another Fast Pass for that or another attraction. Also, if you obtain a Fast Pass at 9:30 AM, but it's return time is 2:00 PM, when 11:30 AM arrives (two hours after obtaining the first one), you may obtain another Fast Pass for that or another attraction.

Once the "time window" arrives on a Fast Pass, it can be used then or anytime later in the day, just not earlier. For instance, if your Fast Pass window says "10:05 AM to 11:05 AM" for the return time, you may use that Fast Pass anytime of the day AFTER 10:05 AM.

Here is a list of the Fast Pass attractions in each Disney park:

Magic Kingdom: Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan's Flight, Mickey's Philharmagic, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Stitch's Great Escape.

Epcot: Soarin, Test Track, Mission: Space, Living With the Land, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Maelstrom.

Disney Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Mania, Indiana Jones Stunt Show, Star Tours, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Rock & Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Lights, Motors, Action stunt show.

Animal Kingdom: It's Tough To Be a Bug, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur.

Hope this helps you understand how Fast Pass works.

7. Re: Split Fast Pass tickets???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 04:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now