We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kali River Rapids

Georgia
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kali River Rapids

I went on this a few years back and I don't recall any waterfalls. However, I read somewhere that there is at least one waterfall and there's a chance that your raft may "land" under it. I can not find where I read this and everything else I've found says nothing about waterfalls.

Does anyone know if waterfalls are along the path the raft takes? If so, can the raft end up under them?

I know several in my group want to ride this one, but if the raft goes under the waterfall the 5 year old won't be able to go. Or if she does she won't be getting on any other rides for the rest of the trip. And with Animal Kingdom being our first day that would make for a long trip!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kali River Rapids

I've done this ride a couple of times and can't remember an actual waterfall.

However, there are several areas of the ride where you can potentially be absolutely soaked to the skin - I know this from personal experience!!!

Also, check the height restrictions - I don't know what they are for this ride (we have teens so never need to check the restrictions).

Santo Domingo
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kali River Rapids

I don't recall if you go directly under a waterfall. I do know that it is very difficult not to get soaked. My 4 yr old rode the rapids last year and he really enjoyed it.....

Georgia
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kali River Rapids

Thanks! She won't care if she gets wet. Her issue is with water on her face. As long as the raft doesn't go directly under a waterfall she should be fine.

She's definately tall enough. Somewhere around 45 in. and the requirement is 38. We're just hoping the 4 year old is tall enough. It'll be really really close. The 4 year old is fearless and I know she'd love it.

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kali River Rapids

There are sprinklers right at the end of the ride but certainly not strong enough to be classed as waterfalls, I shouldn't think your 5 year old would be too bothered with them.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
531 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kali River Rapids

There's some drippy water, no waterfalls that I recall. There is of course the possibility that you will get soaked, or you may not.

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kali River Rapids

There aren't any actual waterfalls but there are some places where water drips or pours into the 'river'. If your raft happens to be directly underneath, someone in your party will get wet - potentially everyone! Also, as someone else has mentioned, at the end of the ride there's an area where the spectators can push a button to activate sprinklers which hit your raft.

What about a hooded waterproof poncho, the type which has a peak above the face so that the water runs off?

Georgia
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Kali River Rapids

I hadn't thought about the hooded poncho thing. Thanks for letting me know.

I think she'll be fine. If it looks like water will be coming over her head I'll just have to tell her to close her eyes and duck.

As long as she wants to do it when we're there we'll give it a go. If not I guess our party will have to split up (maybe use the baby swap pass if offered on this one).

Thanks everyone!

London
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kali River Rapids

I didn't get wet at all on this ride - do remember a rather steep drop at the start though!

If somebody in your party doesn't want to get wet - be sure not to ride the Popeye raft ride at Islands Of Adventure - there is no escape on that one and you will be literally soaked through to the skin - like ringing clothes out, emptying out your shoes and so on...

Great Fun!

uk
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kali River Rapids

why don't you let her watch the 1st time eveyone else goes on, then when she is ready and wants too she can go on with you. We did this when my youngest was about 5. We watched her dad and sister have a few gose then when she was ready she and I joined them and we all went on. She may escape water on her face, if she is lucky, but she could also end up taking a direct hit. As someone else mentioned, the popye ride at universal usualy ends up with a lot of people soaked and you can face a wall of water in that one.

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kali River Rapids

i don't recall any waterfalls, however.....

When we weny on I sat in the driest seat and came off absolutely soaked!!! I had to ring my t-shirt out it was that wet.

The only reason i got so wet was when the raft hit a rapid it just happened to be my side of the raft that hit first and water would spill all over me.

It was great fun though and cooled me down. It didn't take me too long to dry off