We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Airport???

Texas
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Which Airport???

Amongst everything else, I'm looking @ airfare. I notice there are two choices of airports to fly into. Which one is the most recommended; Heardon or Orlando International? Thanks in advice for your help!!

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Airport???

Orlando is the best. And if you are going to stay on site, then the "Disney Magical Express" will pick you up and take you back to the airport, but only at Orland International. Also flying out of Texas, I would surely check southwest airline, for the best rates, but that is just my opion. I always use southwest and fly out of Love Field.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Airport???

Herndon is an Executive Airport. Orlando International is not a difficult airport to navigate and that would be your best bet. Some fly into the Sanford Airport which is about 40 miles north of Orlando.

pa
Level Contributor
54,373 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Airport???

Orlando International, for sure :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Airport???

Yes use the code MCO for Orlando international.

Texas
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Airport???

Thanks everyone! Orlando International it is then!! :D I'll also check SW Airlines. Thanks Minmurphy! I hadn't even thought of that. I was looking @ American, Delta, and Continental.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Airport???

I know that I purchased my tickets a few days ago and flying out of Love Field, my one way was 72.00. Also you may want to download "Ding" from southwest, and they will send you deal alerts everyday. I like southwest because, they are cheap, you can check 2 bags for free, and carry on a personal as well as a carryon for free, they are normally 20 mins early, and most of all like I already said they are normally cheaper.

Texas
Level Contributor
6,184 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Airport???

That's great advice Minmurphy. My BIL is a little on the cheap side so he'll love this info!! LOL!!

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Airport???

Orlando international is great and a no brainer for disney resort guests as there is the magical express there. And there is no fuss with only like a 10min journey to the disney area.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Airport???

jetblue is another cheaper airline and not sure if Airtran flies from there.

10. Re: Which Airport???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 14:27