We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Waterparks

Renfrew, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Which Waterparks

Hey Guys thanks in advance.

Myself and my gf will be in Orlando the first 2 weeks of may. I was wondering which 2 water parks you would recommended we really fancy Blizzard beach so it will prob be that one and one other.

We have park tickets that cover all four water parks.

The big slides are the main attraction for us.

Thanks for your opinions.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,914 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Waterparks

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon (if it is open), be sure and do the swim with the sharks and rays at Hammerhead Fred's in TL, it is really cool.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Waterparks

I agree with Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach and would advise you to arrive early so that you can organise your locker,etc and find a good place to sit. The water parks do get very busy later in the day and of course the sun gets more and more intense, so try to bag yourselves some chairs or sun loungers with some shade over them. There are some nice locations on the edge of the wave pools.

I think you can still buy a little card on a wrist strap which you can load-up with credit to use at the refreshments stands. This means that you don't have to carry cash or leave it in a vulnerable place whilst you enjoy the slides and rides. Ask the vendors on the way in about this - we find it very useful.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Waterparks

In regards to the arm band you load with credits, what if you do not use them all, will they return the money?

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Waterparks

Not sure about this as we've always brought ours home with us and used it again the following year. I imagine that Disney wouldn't want to hand back your cash (!!) so the best idea would be to only put a smallish amount of credit on it, say £20 at a time. I think the card can be used in the theme parks as well as the water parks so you shouldn't have any trouble spending it!

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Waterparks

If your into the thrill rides. Wet and wild have the most modern and up to date thrill rides.

It structure is not so covered up as the Disney . And its all hard surfaces. No mucky sand full of debris to lay on and get everywhere in your clothes cameras and shoes. And its cheaper to get in.

Dont go at weekends cos the the the park all the locals head for.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Waterparks

The reason I asked is because the water park that I go to, (Six Flgas), they will return your credits to you.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Waterparks

MinMurphy; I dont think they give out arm bands at the water parks.

You buy ( for Brits they do) a ticket with 5-7-14 days on it. with this this ticket you can go to the theme parks 5-7-14 days , and water parks 5-7 -14 times. The tickets have a 7-14-21 time date expiry on them. When the clock has ticked round they are spent.

If for instance you only used a 21 day ticket once after 21 days you would not be able to use it or get any re funds.

They only issue arm bands for the Disney resort pools , and in most cases you can only use the pool at the resort you are staying in. This is also done to prevent members of the public using the pools who are not Disney residents.

But someone might correct me.

mj6
manchester england
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Waterparks

typhoon lagoon is great fun

south wales
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Waterparks

We loved Typhoon Lagoon - amazingly HUGE waves in the lagoon and a great selection of slides, also a lazy river I want to bring home with me!! We hated Wetnwild - full of pushing teens and very painful walkways. Can't comment on Aquatica - we were going to try it when we go in June but deciced to stick with the Disney ones for this year.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Waterparks

"As you enter the park you arrive at Boat Wreck Cart which is a gift shop and this is where you can purchase a key for a locker to store all of your items. This costs $10.00 and is ideal for 2-3 people and $5.00 is refunded upon return of the key. You can also purchase giftcards so that you can use them in the shops and food areas rather than having to return to your locker to get cash, the gift cards are waterproof and you can credit them at every point and they come on a wristband so you don't have to worry about losing them."

I've cut and pasted the above from another website, since one of the previous posters doesn't believe me about the wristband giftcards which you can buy at TL!