We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage question

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage question

Hi all,

Okay have a question. I have never flown with anyone but Southwest. Was looking at Airtran, and seen I can get NONSTOP flights from Ft.Worth to Orlando, for 10 more then what I am paying with Southwest. I thought it would be great, because for one nonstop, two while traveling with Southwest I have to change flights. So to my question. Southwest does not charge for luggage but I see that Airtran does. We only plan to take 3 carry on 3 checked. The policy of Air Tran would be 15 dollars for the first checked bag and 25 for the next. Would we be able to classify all of our bags for 15 since there are 3 of us flying, and also is this 15 there and then pay 15 again to come home?

Thanks to everyone!

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage question

I might need to rephrase that we will EACH have one carryon and one checked luggage.

Thanks

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,966 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage question

It' per person, not per party. You'll each pay $15 for your one checked bag. It's per one way flight, not round trip so that's $30 for each round trip for 3 people each carrying one bag. You'd only have to pay the $25 if someone is checking more than one bag. So, one $15 fee (each way) per person checking only one bag.

Hope that made sense!

Jennifer

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage question

Thanks so much, it really helps!

4. Re: Baggage question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 00:18