We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lynx bus tickets

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
carmarthenshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Lynx bus tickets

Scan60 gave some fantastic advice on the lynx buses so we are going to want to buy a 14 day ticket or something similar. Anyone know if we just buy this on the bus the first time we ride? Reason for asking is that i read you have to provide correct money etc. Dont really want to get on expecting to buy a 14 day ticket and cause a load of confusion!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lynx bus tickets

I think they only do a weekly or monthly pass, and you can buy them on-line from lynxorlando.com. They will post them out to you, and they are valid from the first use. I think there is somewhere on I-drive you can buy them when you get there, not sure where though. Im going to buy ours before we go.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
192 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lynx bus tickets

The Lynx website has a list of resellers.

www.golynx.com

BTW what is the child fare for a weekly ticket? Can't see any mention?

carmarthenshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lynx bus tickets

Thanks,

I found this on there re child tickets:

Youth Pass

Riders age 18 and younger are eligible for Youth Pass discounts. A fare is charged each time you board. Please be prepared to show an ID, if requested by the bus operator.

Youth One-Way Fare - $1.00

Youth Single-Day Pass - $2.25

Youth 7-Day Pass - $8.00

Youth 30-Day Pass - $25.00

Children six and under ride free (limit 3) when accompanied by a full-fare paying adult (age18-over) passenger. If not accompanied by an adult, children must pay $1.00.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lynx bus tickets

LYNX Passes go for 7 days or 30 days. There is no 14 day pass. You'd therefore need 2x 7 day passes each.

You can ONLY buy these in advance; not on bus. If you are on I-Drive, you can buy from the Official Visitor Center 1/2 a block north of Bahama Breeze on I-Drive, set at the back of a parking lot and indicated by an orange, yellow and black "i" sign.

I understand, also, that you can pre-purchase passes on the website https://www.golynx.com/?fuse=shop&app=store and they will mail to overseas addresses (pick the $16 7 day pass).

In any case, passes are sold undated and are validated on the bus the first time of use and the period of validity starts then.

As for children - 6 and under go free. Any others.....I wonder if the saving of $8 each x 2 weeks is worth investing any effort? Youth passes may only be purchased at the LYNX Central Station, so you'd (all, I think) need to make the trip downtown.....

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,972 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lynx bus tickets

Hi SCAN, where can I buy them in Kissimmee?

cambridge
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lynx bus tickets

I ordered weekly passes from the Lynx website and they were delivered to the UK in less than a week.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lynx bus tickets

Kissimmee is a large area, and there are several places. Which will be best for you will depend on where you are. Here is a complete listing of outlets:

www.golynx.com/?fuse=cstm&app=passpartners

As above - you may find it more convenient to order on the web.

Dublin
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lynx bus tickets

Question for Scan - Do you know how long international delivery takes? We going in 12 days and I'd like to buy online but not sure if I should just get them sent to hotel?

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,830 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lynx bus tickets

I'm sorry but I've always bought mine locally - never by mail. With only 12 days - I'm not sure I'd trust the post, even if LYNX despatch straight away. Safer, I think, to make the trip when you get there, e.g. to the Visitor Bureau on I-Drive (if that's the most convenient site for you).

Dublin
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lynx bus tickets

Thanks Scan, will do!