We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

Yeadon, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

Hi,can any one tell me if it is ok to walk round disneyworld in a bikini top?or do you have to have a top on,if it is ok do you have to cover up for the rides,thanks jet set leeds.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

While I've seen a very few folks in bikini tops at times, I don't think it's appropriate, not to mention the bad sunburn you can get that way. I'm not sure there's a "strict policy" about it, but decency rules are sometimes unwritten.

Now, there certainly are dress codes for some of the restaurants, so it definitely would not be allowed in those.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,915 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

You absolutely should not wear a bikini top -- only because the sun is so much stronger in Florida that you're running a very good risk of spending at least a part of your hols in A&E or worse.

Believe it or not, you can get sunburned through a white cotton teeshirt -- bare skin will equal oozing blisters.

As far as propriety, it's frowned on - they do request guests wear at least a tank top (vest).

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

Im sure i read somewhere that this is not acceptable dress code, Men are not allowed to walk around without a top on. I would suggest that you wear something over your bikini top for sun protection anyway. It is very easy to get sunburnt over there without realising it (till its too late of course)

I would also suggest that on certain rides it would be very uncomfortable to do this as alot have air conditioning which may make you feel too cold and also comfort of the safety harnesses.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

Yep found it... www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/dress-code

States clothing that expose inappropriate portions of the body such as bikini tops.

Swimsuits are allowed to be worn with other appropriate clothing.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

My question is "Why" would you want to walk around in a bikini top?

Tam

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,915 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

Not really your call g8rs, but I'm guessing it's because with about 9 days of sunshine a year in Leeds, she's looking to soak up as much of the Florida sunshine as humanly possible.

Go for it, Jetset, but cover up in the parks and wear lots of sunscreen -- even if you're properly covered. You can, especially when your skin has been deprived of sun for a long time, burn in 10 minutes or less.

Ireland
Level Contributor
716 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

Hey i would def opt out of the bikini wearing and keep them for the waterparks or the pool in the hotel, the sun out there is very strong and some people dont relise how bad it can be for you you can suffer heat stroke, sun burn , swollen legs and arms ive heard so many storys. Bring a high factor sunscrean and make sure to drink plenty of water.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

Don't really think I'm trying to make it "my call"!! Just curious about why!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions about clothing options, but the rules do clearly state it's not allowed! And I'm sure they have good reasons for the rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tam:)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

Hehe, I put this as my pet peeve in the recent post about what to wear in WDW! I have seen people wearing just bikini tops (mostly teenagers). I just don't think it is terribly appropriate, would you go shopping down a street in a bikini? Id say cover up a bit for the parks and save the bikinni for waterparks and pools.

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code at disney world(bikini ect)

Are you asking for yourself or for your/any kids. I allow my girls to change into bikini tops for the water based rides like popye & river rapids and also to play in the water play grounds at universal. Once they ride they change back into suitable clothing. I do this because we go over xmas and it is usually too clod to wander around damp. But I think my oldest will now be of and age where it is not appropriate to still do when we return this year, so it will now mean having to carry spare dry clothes, the bikini tops were easy to take they just shoved them inside their water carriers. The adults made do with the rain macs and if they failed had to stay damp/cold for the rest of the day.