We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there buses back and fore to downtown disney

Aberdare
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Are there buses back and fore to downtown disney

I am hiring a car but for those occasions when i want a drink it would be helpful to know if there are buses back and fore to downtown disney.

I am staying at the comfort suites maingate east kissamee.

If there are no buses does anyone know how much a taxi would cost etc

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,090 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there buses back and fore to downtown disney

Well, there are public busses called LYNX, but you'll definitely need a transfer or two from that hotel.

Let me see if I can found the route numbers.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,090 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there buses back and fore to downtown disney

O.K., it appears you will need to get from Downtown Disney back to the Disney Transportation and Ticket Center via Disney bus to the Polynesian resort (from there you walk next door to the TTC). Or, you can take the LYNX bus #50 from Downtown Disney heading westbound back to the TTC, but be sure if you do this to ask for a transfer when you get on the bus.

Then, once you get to the TTC, you wait on LYNX bus #56 heading to the east side of Kissimmee.

LYNX busses don't leave from the TTC past 10:30 at night, so be sure not to miss the last bus.

If you want to take a taxi, the cost from DTD to your hotel will be approximately $20, give or take a couple of bucks.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,986 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there buses back and fore to downtown disney

Actually, the better way to do it (not involving walking to/from the Polynesian) would be to go by LYNX bus throughout.

From Maingate East take LYNX 56 on US192 going west. Pay $2 and ask for a "transfer" ticket (no extra cost). Get off at the Transportation Center and then take LYNX 50 or 111 to DownTown Disney. You don't pay again, so long as you have that "transfer" ticket.

As my colleague says, the last 56 from the TTC back to US192 is at 10.53 pm; you'd need to leave DownTown on LYNX 50 at about 10.20 pm (Marketplace) or 10.30 pm (from the WestSide bus station) to catch it.

Aberdare
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there buses back and fore to downtown disney

you people are good thanks

5. Re: Are there buses back and fore to downtown disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 07:23