We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

oklahoma
Level Contributor
329 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

Well, we have put on our 8 day tickets the hopper and the water parks and more. I haven't paid the final balance yet and am starting to wonder if I really need the hopper. We do want to do both water parks. On both those days we may go to a park that night but would not need a hopper since we used the water park pass that day. We have never been and I was reading another post on here about EMH and some were saying they didn't think you really needed the hopper. I'm thinking maybe I should just save that 200 dollars. But then it seems like the flexibility would be nice. What are others thoughts? I would hate to get there and never use it. Do others use them alot? Oh it will be me, my husband, and 2 boys (7&9). Thank you

North Scituate...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

Just do 1 park per day. It sounds like it is your1st trip. Enjoy the park you decide to go to each day. The boys will get tired!

IMHO, it is a lot less hassle to just do 1 park, and save the $200.

Cookie

IRELAND
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

we are returning to orlando in july. husband 2 sons and nephew. going to get the base disney tickets 5 day plus 2 free or 4 day plus 3 free.(same price) so we have extra time on those tickets to revisit a park another day. no need for the hopper and cheaper as well. so i would say the base will be fine.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,978 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

I love the hopper personally and use it on every trip we take, but I've also been to Disney enough to know exactly what I want to do in each park and we move around a lot, often covering two parks on the same day.

Yes, the hopper does provide flexibility, but for first time visitors, you may not know what you like and don't like until you try all things in each park, and that takes full days. This is the reason most folks don't recommend spending the extra $$ for hopper passes for first time visitors.

Now, since you'll be there 8 days, you may spend 4 days covering all the parks fully, and then have 4 more days to go back and do repeats. In this case, that park hopper option may very well be a nice thing to have on those final 4 days of admission, after you've covered the parks fully already.

Manchester
Level Contributor
563 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

Its a nice idea to hop from Park to Park but I cant remember a time when I have ever used this facility because It takes us all day (at least) just to see one park and we're too tired to go to another in the same day.

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

I think the hopper is only of real value if you do not have enough time to do a full day in each park, but you still want to try certain things in each park. A park a day is a much better option as you do not loose time transefering around. We usually find 6 (+water parks) days the best. A day a each park and 2 days over to redo favs or go bak to parks that you didn't get everything done in.

pa
Level Contributor
54,497 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

We find doing 1 Park a day with young kids is just enough

If it's an all Adult Trip we use the hopper but really just incase we want to go to Epcot to eat Dinner or to watch Illuminations or something like that.

You can lose a good chuck of time leaving one Park and going to another.

I would save the $200. If after a day or two you think you need to Hop, you can add the Park Hopper Option to your Ticket :)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

We always get the park hopper options. It allows us to leave a park if it gets to crowded and go to a different one. We often start the morning in one park and then hop to another for the afternoon/evening. We like the flexabilty. I am sure you could have a great time without it, I just prefer the option myself.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

Unless our trip is super short we like the hopper. We just like a change of pace. All day in the Magic Kingdom is just too much Magic Kingdom for my hubby and I feel the same about Animal Kingdom. We like visiting one park in the morning and another in the afternoon/evenig. We've never been a family that stays all day in the parks anyway. I like my mid-day break!

Jennifer

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,092 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

For a first trip,don't bother with the hopper feature. One park a day will be plenty for you-we go to Disney a lot and use the hopper feature but you will have plenty to fill each day as you discover the parks. Save your money and buy ice cream with it!

London, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HOPPER? Who thinks its worth it or not and why?

We like hopper as said one park morning one park afternoon for a change.

But with young kids might be a bit much