We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

west TN
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

Why on earth does this have to happen NOW?!?!?!

4 out of the 6 ppl in my office (including me) are sick with a horrible sore throat and coughing...The girl who works right across from me thinks she may have strep throat...I'm leaving on our very first visit to Disney World tomorrow afternoon...I cannot fathom doing all this work and planning, seeing the doctor and taking meds to make sure I was in the best shape possible for this trip, and NOW everyone at work gets sick at the same time...I'm a worry wart...I don't want to ruin this trip for myself or my daughter by coming down with this crap...I hate my coworkers immune systems right now...GRRRRRR

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

Try not to worry about it too much or you will get sick!

You only have one day to go so just drink plenty of water, try and stay away from your colleagues and maybe start sucking some throat lozenges now just in case!

I'm sure you'll be fine though!

I hope you have a great time!

New York
Level Contributor
924 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

PLEASE GO TO THE DRUGSTORE AND GET ZYCAM!! The Oral mist...no joke, works WONDERS! Let me know, I guarantee it will clear you up.

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

Call your doctor right now and get a Z Pack

Get out of the Office

Drink Plenty of Fluids

Wear a Mask at the Airport

uk
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

We were due to fly out to Orlando and our daughter got chicken pox 2 weeks before we went !! When we arrived our other 2 children caught it, 5 days into the holiday !! We still had a great time. Thank s to calamine lotion !! Dont worry ill or not NOTHING spoils disney!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

Just curious... what's a 'Z Pack'?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

Thats the same with my work!! Even though I dont leave until May, but I have been sick the last 2 trips I have taken so now I am so paranoid!!

I usually try stock up on emergen-c before I go away, and even though you leave tomorrow and I am sure are very busy, you should try rest as much as you can today!

west TN
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

Drinking bottled water right now...

Just came off of taking a Z Pack so the meds should still be in my system (for like 5 days I'm told)...I will head to Walmart after work and get the Zycam spray just in case I start feeling like I'm coming down with something...We're driving, so no worries of the airport...Will stay safe and germ free in the comfort of our car on the trip down as LONG as I don't already have the nasty germ...Other than that, I'm just going to cross my fingers and pray!

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

Z Pack is short for Zithromax. A very Handy Antibiotic

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

Ah right. I'm glad we don't call it that in the UK, I'd be taking it all the time, there's some thing about getting a 'Z-Pack' that sounds quite exciting! :-S

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ppl sick all around me and I leave tomorrow!

I swear by listerine mouthwash to ward off throat germs - had dreadful bouts of tonsilitis in the past but listerine is now my best friend.

Just watch me get a throat infection now with 8 days to go.....

Z-pack sounds interesting - I would love to see my doctors face if I asked for one of those - getting a prescription for antibiotics these days is tougher than winning the lottery lol.