We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

germany
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

Hi,

we're travelling with two small children who are too young to go on any rides and who are happy, if the can only see and hug a few Disney characters.

I'm not familiar with the Disney World concept and their website did not really help me.

My question: Is there some area which you can access for free or at little costs, that would let us see some people in costumes. I read about Downtown Disney, but that seems to be more a shopping and dining place.

If not Disney, are there any other attractions that are suitable for small kids and don't cost much?

Thanks for any help.

M.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

Hi Swani72

You can take a breakfast at chef´s Mickey at Contemerary with character it will of course cost the breakfast money , but You don´t need tickets for that.

Children under 3 years don´t need tickets for Disneyworld.

Mutter

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,209 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

I agree, Downtown Disney and booking a character meal at one of the Disney resorts.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

Yes if you are only going for the characters not the rides then book a character meal and save the pennies till they are older. What about going over to fort wilderness and joining in the chip N dale campfire singalong, thats free and they get to meet them there.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

IMO, there is no such thing as "too young" for Magic Kingdom and there are still many rides which even an infant could go on with the parents.

Why do you feel your children are too young? There's two full sections of the Magic Kingdom park made just for little ones: Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown Fair.

If the children are old enough to recognize characters, they are old enough to go on many of the rides.

If the children are under age 3, they get in free too.

What's stopping you from going to M.K.?

mandeville, la
Level Contributor
279 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

The Magic Kingdom is great for adults and small children. You really shouldn't come all that way without going. If your children get in free it won't cost that much and they will see a lot more characters than at a Character Dinner (which won't be cheap either!). Unless they are under 1yr old, they will love the MK - they can go inside Mickey's house, ride on boats, trains, race cars, etc.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,536 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

As other posters have said,the wawy to see and meet the characters without entering the parks is to book a character meal. We like Chef Mickey's the best-good food,good character interaction and a fun setting.Downtown Disney is stores and restaurants with no characters.You might want to check out SeaWorld for a park that is fun for little ones-they often have a second day free option so it is not that expensive. You can also see a lot of Disney just riding around on the buses,monorails and boats which are free. and you can see the MK fireworks from the monorail hotels. Have fun!

germany
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

Thanks for all your replies, they were of really great help.

Maybe you are right and we should not miss MK.

Are there any special deals on tickets for MK? Probably a stupid question but if there's a place to look for promotions, I would really appreciate, if anyone can just provide me with a link.

pa
Level Contributor
54,408 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

Discounts for zDisney Tickets start at the 4 day ticket. A one day Ticket for just Magic Kingdom will be $75 adult and $63 for kids 3 - 9 years old plus tax. You can get them at the Gate the day you go. If you want a 3 or more day ticket www.undercovertourist.com is very reliable

Lots of info and details about Disney Parks at www.wdwinfo.com http://allears.net www.mousesavers.com

9. Re: Limited access to Magic Kingdom?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 17:18