We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Topic
wedding

Hi Guys

We are getting married at Leu Gardens in Florida in november, we havnt been given a time yet but think it will be 1pm or 3pm.

There is 9 of us in total and am looking for ideas of what we can do after the wedding for the rest of the day as obviously we would like the day to be special. i think the wedding will only take an hour in total so will be done by 2pm or 4pm.

was thinking of going for a meal afterwards at a local resturant and then onto one of the parks in the evening to watch the fireworks????

Do the resturants open in the afternoon in the kisseemee area?

Does anyone have any other ideas of what we could do to make the day special, there are all adults and 2 boys aged 12 and 13.

Also are there plently of hairdressers in the area?

Thanks

Cathy

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding

Yes, practically all restaurants will be open in the afternoon, but do you have a particular cuisine in mind?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding

we really dont mind and am happy to wait till we get there to book something was just wondering if they opened late afternoon.

we cant really think of anything else to do other than a meal, did think of a baloon flight but they mostly fly at dawn i think.

just looking for something to make the day special

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding

Houston's in Winter Park isn't too far from there and I think is always good for a bite.

Although I'm sure you'll get some lovely pictures in the gardens you could always take some at Lake Eola in Downtown too. The fountain in the lake is maybe as close as you can get to a recognizable Orlando landmark.

Or what about a "party boat" rental at Disney.

Tough question with so many choices.

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding

Hi we are getting married at leu gardens in November too ...we were thinking of Margaritaville in City Walk ...but a Prty boat at Disney sounds good ...I have googled this ..but cannot find it how would you go about getting prices...

Thanks

Annie

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding

I call them "party boats" but probably more appropriately called a pontoon boat. I've never done one myself so not sure how much partying you can get away with. Food, I think, is OK, but probably not alcohol.

You can do a basic hourly rental at many locations such as Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary.

They also have specialty cruises. I believe reservation only open 90 days in advance similar to dining.

I found the following two links which should help provide some more info

…go.com/tours-and-experiences/…

www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fireworks.htm

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wedding

Would agree you can get some fantastic photos at Lake Eola. As far as restaurants, do you want suggestions that are near the attractions or near Leu Gardens?

Great Looks Salon off John Young Parkway in Hunter's Creek is a place I'd recommend but there are a ton of places in town. Just depends on the area you are focusing on.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,289 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wedding

I'm going to a wedding at Leu Gardens in November -- what date is your wedding?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: wedding

20th Novemeber, whens yours?

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wedding

Hi

13th November ..although we havent had it confirmed yet ...we have booked through Crownline

Annie

Maitland, FL
Level Contributor
430 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: wedding

Leu Gardens is a beautiful place. We are members there and have seen many weddings taking place. November is my favorite month for weather too! The kids may not like it, but Park Avenue in Winter Park has some great places to eat, and very close to Leu Gardens. It is a good drive back to the atractions and Kissimmee area....at least 30 minutes. It does depend on what ambience you are looking for, and price, type of food, etc......