We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The saga continues....

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
The saga continues....

Ok!

I went online to book our seats for the flights.

I couldn't understand why the seat availablity kept changing when logging on to my own and then the hubbies accounts.

It turned out that we were booked on different flights for the journey home!

Therefore, very unsettled night, thinking it was OK when we were sat in a different class to each, but to be on different planes ... NO WAY!!

However, good news. Rang virgin this morning and the flights have now been sorted. I am just glad I noticed the error!

Mutter, I do have travel insurance. It just would not cover when canellation was own fault!

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The saga continues....

Hi Asty,

Glad to hear that you have managed to get it sorted, I would hate to be on different flights from my family if I hadn't booked it that way.

You can now look forward to your hols.

sunlover

uk
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The saga continues....

did you loose your 1st class bargin?

england
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The saga continues....

Fragile, we had to upgrade our seats in order to change package.

We are now travelling Upper Class both ways, and I had to pay £471 for my ticket and £181 for my husband.

I therefore think we have both got quite a good deal, changing from Ecomomy going/Prem Econ returning.

Even better, it also means we get free dining package, which we had previously planned to pay for. We upgraded for £4 per day to have 1 Table, 1 Counter and 1 Snack.

We also get 3 extra days holiday.

Our Disney Hotel package was just over £350 cheaper.

What do you think!

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The saga continues....

You got a good deal, You will probably notice a difference in crowd levels going off season too.

I up graded my free dining also, I wanted to do table service meals for the character meals for the kids. Cant wait!

uk
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The saga continues....

sounds good to me. I've done fisrt class (buisness flights only) Its the way to go!!!

hollywood birmingham
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The saga continues....

Asty

i think you should sit down relax have a stiff drink

and look forward to your holiday, and give yourself a pat on the back for getting a good bargain.

Its good to hear of things costing less when making changes it usually the other way round.

chris

lancashire
Level Contributor
867 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The saga continues....

What a nightmare, good job you noticed the different flights.

Glad you've got it sorted now

england
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The saga continues....

I am just glad to be on holiday with plenty of time to look, and have to say am really looking forward to flights. It is something we have always wanted to do, but always thought we couldn't afford it.

Makes you realise there are always cheaper flights around.

I also worked out the same holiday going with Virgin Holidays would have been nearly £1000 more!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The saga continues....

Good thing you got that fixed! Once I made our whole res for the wrong week so don't feel bad.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The saga continues....

Hi asty

It good that You have sorted the thing out and that You are happy and that You have a incurance it makes me more happy. I am not sure I understand why it wasnt a little bit of the flights fould but, I understand that You made the change from Christmas, but You also had this changing in upperclass for husbond and not You.

Have a very nice holiday and looking forward to Your tripreport, they have to be funny.

Mutter