We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

Im thinking about checking in online 24 hours before my flight which leaves on monday, and would really like to upgrade to extra leg room or exit seats. or even PE depending on the price.

Do you only have the chance to upgrade if you check in on the morning of your flight and be one of the first ones at the airport? Or can you upgrade on 24hr check in.

Thanks in advance

england
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

If you have the reference number you should be able to upgrade. If you put it in the system, any upgrades will show up.

If you want the extra legroom seats they have to be got on the day at check in.

Are you travelling to the airport the night before, because they have twilight check in, which may help. Either that or just get there early.

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

I had a look at it last night but no such luck, unless im looking in the wrong bit!!

thanks anyway, i will leave to get there early!

x

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

Are you flying with BA or Virgin For virgin the upgrade depends on which class you are booed on VH usualy book on eccon at class B(?) which I think means you can't upgrade unless thro' VH VA book on diff classes for econ and it depens which you are booked on I think class V(? I may have these the wrong way round!) can up grade But sometimes you can be lucky amd be booked in the VA class thro VH we have been for our next return flight.

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

i booked through virgin atlantic as i booked just a flight for me and my partner. i have read on here that people that just book flights have their seats allocated as soon as they have booked. not sure how true that is though?

Ive just looked at the flight itinerary and on the way there it says "Class Q" and on the way back its "Class B" i really dont know what that means!!

xx

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

There is a vigin flyers forum that give more info on the classes I will see if I can find it for you and post back.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,089 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

Fare codes B and Q are both "discounted economy" fares. B is the 2nd highest level of fare class for Economy, very flexible in regards to changes/cancellation. Q is the 5th highest level of fare class for Economy, restricted in regards to date/flight changes, and any changes that are permitted will attract a fee.

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

Thanks for that. I dont really understand though.. I think i may do a little bit of searching. Does that mean that I can still have the chance to upgrade seats on the day of departure? As its only the two of us going I dont want to be split up! lol.

Cheers.

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

scan thanks for that, I couldn't find my vflyers link. we have been booked via VH onto a class B for our return flights from orlando, does that mean we can upgrade at the airport if there is space. Usually we are always booked on class V

London
Level Contributor
971 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

Hi, We're interested in upgrading as well, our class is 'x'. Anyone know what this means?

Thanks

A&A

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
536 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Do i get chance to upgrade seats if i check in online?

After reading this earlier on, I wanted to know what my class meant and I found this:

http://www.v-flyer.com/codes.asp

Hope that helps.

:o)