We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

Scotland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

Hi all, I'm heading to Orlando with my wife over the above dates and was wondering what to expect with regards to crowds and queue lengths. I've looked at various sites and they basically say the crowds should be level 4? to be honest this means nothing to me so I thought i'd ask the experts. We were there 3 years ago at the end of October into the start of November but with the free nights and free dining etc should we expect it to be a lot more crowded?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

Well, Disney will be in the ending days of its annual "free dining" promotion, so you may find a slightly higher crowd level at their parks, but nothing like other times of the year.

If the crowd levels do indeed equate to a "4" during that time, you will be very pleased. This usually means a "worst case" que line wait of only about 20 to 30 minutes, and usually much less.

If you go during the weekdays, crowds should be extremely managable, especially at the non-Disney venues.

Don't believe there are any "free night" promotions at Disney for that time as of yet; only free dining.

Va
Level Contributor
11,270 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

That time of year you can expect little to no lines. That is my favorite time of year to go because the weather is typically very nice and there are no crowds. The only draw back is that the parks close early. I doubt the free dining offer does much to the crowd level. Disney properties represent a small percentae of the over all occupancy capacity of the area. If anything it may just encourage someone to stay at disney instead of off property.

Scotland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

thanks for the input, I had though that was the case but just from reading what other people have said recently it seems busier than normal with all the offers on.

Panama
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

Hello,

Last year I got to Orlando September 25th. The 26th I went to Islands of Adventure, we were done by 3pm (all rides)and just went back to do all the best rides again. The 27th (Saturday) I went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. All rides had a 5 minute waiting time with the exception of Toy Story Mania which had a 90 minute waiting time (I made the mistake to leave it for the end of the day). But I did get all rides done and saw Fantasmic. Sunday the 28th I went to Universal Studios. It took me the whole day to do everything, almost no lines, with the exception of Simpsons Ride, but I was still able to do it twice.

And the weather.... fabulous, used t-shirt, boardshorts, and sneakers all day as well as during the night. Hope this helps!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

I was there in the first week of October last year, and the crowds were low to moderate. Even in on a Friday afternoon at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival, there were no lines at the food booths (although there were at night). I had been there at the end of October two years earlier, and the crowds seemed about the same. The only really significant lines we encountered were for Toy Story, which was brand new. You should be in for a nice trip!

Scotland
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

Thanks for all your replies, put my fears to rest and now i can get back to looking forward and counting down the days!

Esbjerg, Denmark
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

Sept 08

22 – Down Town disney – no line – got into Rainforrest Café before reservation time.

Only day with rain (about 4 hours)

Rain Ponchos $ 7.50 – buy before you get into the world. 7 in our party -$$$$ :-(

23 th Epcot – no line at all (went to Soarin´ first thing)

25 th Magic Kingdom long line for Peter Pan all day People started picking places for Spectromagic 1 hour before it started – it was packed around the castle at that time. Other than that almost no line, like in Epcot

26 th IOA – no line at all, except for Poseidon´s Fury. We waited around half an hour in a dark, chilly tunnel, and – to us -the ride was bad. More like a show kind of thing. We did´t understand the story and agreed it´s the only bad ride in IoA.

27 th – Universal Studios

line´s everywhere, bought fast pass, had these wait-times anyway

ET – around 30 min

Men in Black

Jaws – 45 min

Shrek

Other rides, shorter wait time, than the 4 above

8. Re: Crowd levels September 26th to October 8th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 05:27