We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delta airline

manchester
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Topic
delta airline

Hi I am flying with Delta 19/5/09 to Orlando via Atlanta and would like to know has anyone used Delta before and are they any good,Got a good deal for a last minute holiday but now I am thinking I should have asked for advise before I booked.

London
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: delta airline

I haven't - but lady sitting opposite me on the C2C train on Wednesday night was raving about them! So they must be okay :-)

manchester
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: delta airline

i have and they were fine so don't worry

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: delta airline

We flew with Delta to Orlando via JFK and back via Atlanta at Christmas. On both legs of the journey the flight was heavily overbooked and they were looking for volounteers to fly on later flights. On the return journey there was a 'technical problem' with the plane which miraculously got fixed about 2 minutes after the last people had been bumped from the flight! We were delayed leaving Atlanta for nearly 2 hours whilst they got enough passengers to agree not to fly.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: delta airline

You should be fine with Delta. They’re not the friendly attentive airline they were years ago, but they’re a major airline and not as horrible as some of the smaller budget carriers are.

Delta annoyed me for the last time 8 years ago and I’ve never flown them again. It was relatively minor and not entirely their fault, but it wasn’t the only incident and I’d expected better service from them.

Anymore, the only two decent airlines in the US are Jet Blue and South West. They’ve got lower cost structures than others so they’ve more or less managed to maintain customer service standards of previous years without a lot of annoying fees.

dublin
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: delta airline

Hi Millymolly, we flew with Delta last September Dublin - Orlando via Atlanta and had no problems. We got a great deal so we are off again 29/04 and we even payed extra to fly with Delta this time so i would'nt worry. Enjoy your trip.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: delta airline

Hiya

We flew with Delta on the same route back in 2007. They couldn't do enough for us. You don't need to worry about keeping hydrated on the plane either, as the non-alcoholic drinks are free (though you do have to ask if you want another drink).

We're flying Delta again in December, and are confident they'll get things right again.

HTH

CarolineJ

manchester
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: delta airline

Hi Thanks for all your help I am feeling better about the flight,As long as we get there safe and sound thats all that really matters.

I will be too excited to notice much on the way out and too depressed on the way home so I dont know what I was worried about.

Thanks Again.

Millymolly

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: delta airline

I am flying with Delta via Atlanta in August and was a bit worried. This thread has allayed those fears in the main although any flight can be delayed of course.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
105 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: delta airline

Hi

Just got back from our first trip to Orlando. We flew with Delta from Manchester via JFK. We were originally going via Atlanta, but got changed to JFK a few weeks before we flew. I basically have no complaints at all about Delta. The 757-200 that we were on from Manchester had seatback tvs with a wide choice of movies, tv, music and games. The food was good, the drinks service was great and the staff were lovely. The only delay we had was waiting for a slot to take off both ways at JFK, but this was not the fault of Delta. All our luggage arrived with us both ways. Would not hesitate to choose Delta again, although the connection makes it a very long travel time and would prefer to fly direct, but Delta are so cheap compared to something like Virgin, so that's why we went with them.

Cheers

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: delta airline

Hi,we also fly delta and always go via Atlanta.This year flying Manchester via Atlanta to Tampa never had any problems and Atlanta is such a big airport the layover never seems that long.

Have a good holiday