We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

westgates lakes resort

bathgate scotland
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
westgates lakes resort

Has anyone stayed here recently as I am a bit concerned after reading some bad reviews on this complex.I have no intention of buying a timeshare, but would like to know what is the newest blocks to ask for when I arrive. Prefer a quite lake view if thats possible. Many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: westgates lakes resort

Ive stayed here, we used to own a timeshare there. The rooms are fine, have everything you need, the problem is, is that it is a very large resort, and even off season, its quite noisy, the staff are very rude, and try to run you over with golf carts (there are loads of golf carts)!! There arent enough swimming pools for the size of the resort, and the pools are very small. They will also try and pressure you into buying a timeshare, and when you tell them no, they are very rude. They dont do shuttles to any of the theme parks.

I would only ever stay there again if it was dirt cheap, but I personally think that there are so many other better hotels in the area, for less money

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: westgates lakes resort

Oh and all of the rooms overlook the lake, and I believe the newest blocks are from block number 2100 upwards, but the newest blocks are the furthest away from the resort entrance, so be prepared for a long walk

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: westgates lakes resort

My brother owns 1 there and we always trade up to stay over at the westgate Town Center if you were to buy 1 this is were you want to be at the Town Center that is there newest 1.

I wouldn't stay here they don't have a good crowd and the parking is crazy at night it's not what it use to be but be careful because we brought a seperate 1 at the Town Center and they try to pull a fast one on you they have foreclosures for half the price we got a 2bedroom for $7000.

The other thing is if you want a red week which means in high season you'll pay more I'm a floater which means I have no certain time so I can call up and book my a room. Don't let them tell you anything they're just gonna try and make a sell for a commission I did 2 years of research before I brought never pay more than $10000 for a 3 bedroom don't let them tell you they don't have foreclosures.

4. Re: westgates lakes resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 21:18