We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Orlando Express Plus Pass Necessary in May?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Orlando Express Plus Pass Necessary in May?

I plan to vist Universal Orlando on Thursday, May 14. I am open to getting the Express Plus Pass, but is it necessary for a Thursday in May? For this date, I can get an Express Plus Pass online at the Universal Orlando website for $19.99 which I don't mind paying to avoid long lines. However, if there are no lines due to lack of crowds for this date, then this pass would not even be needed. I will not be staying at a hotel that provided the Express Plus pass for free. Hotel already booked through Priceline. Anyhow, is it still worth getting the Exress Plus Pass, or will I be okay without it? Thanks for your help.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,515 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Orlando Express Plus Pass Necessary in May?

Are you doing just one Universal park that day or both?

If doing just one, since it's a weekday, you can probably forego the Express Pass.

If doing both that one day, I would definitely get it, since it's very hard to cover both parks in limited hours and you'll need as short a lines as you can get.

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Orlando Express Plus Pass Necessary in May?

We're just going for the 1 day. I had not thought about visiting both parks. Is that possible to see and do in a day?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,515 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Orlando Express Plus Pass Necessary in May?

In order to do both parks, you have to have a one-day admission ticket that covers both parks (it costs more too), and you really need to have that Express Pass to do this.

With the limited hours, the number of attractions, and the distances you have to walk in both parks AND to get between the two, an Express Pass in May is 100% necessary to cover the vast majority of both parks on the same day.

4. Re: Universal Orlando Express Plus Pass Necessary in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 15:16