We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

My family (husband and 2 kids, ages 4 and 11) will be going to Disneyworld for 2 days. We are definitely planning to go to Magic Kingdom for one day, but we aren't sure if we should go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios on the second day.

Some of our friends who have been to Disney told me that the kids would have more fun at Hollywood Studios. My youngest loves Toy Story, Playhouse Disney, etc., but I'm not sure how interested my 11 year old would be in some of the attractions, especially since he likes rides more than shows. I'd appreciate any advice.

denver, co
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

That is a tough one. I know I could not leave off any of the 4 parks. But I guess if I had to choose, I would choose HS.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

Both parks are fun, but EPCOT is way more on the educational side with mostly slower rides. Hollywood Studios has the more traditional rides, including a couple of roller coasters and movie stunt shows. I guess it just depends on the kids, although 4 is probably a little young to really enjoy either of the parks.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

Tough choice with the age difference of your children. My boys are 8 years apart so I understand! I would hate for you guys to miss "Soarin" at Epcot but my vote goes to Hollywood Studios. Your children will find plenty of fun choices and some that they can both enjoy together. For a fun dining option make a reservation at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Also keep in mind that Epcot is a much larger park than Hollywood Stuidos so that might help you in your decision making also. Along with this forum I would check out www.allearsnet.com for a listing of both parks attractions and perhaps your kids can help you make the decision.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

It is a tough one, but in the end I think HS would be a better one. It is the park with all the pixar characters. TOT and Rock n Rollercoaster are usually rides people will go on over and over again so your 11 year old should be happy.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

Your 11 year old will love RocknRollercoaster and Tower of Terror. IMHO there is nothing in Epcot to match the excitement of these two rides.

Lunch at The Prime Time Cafe is always great.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

Actually, in MY opinion, this is an easy choice. Hollywood Studios all the way! There's truly something for EVERYONE there, and both your kids (as well as the two of you) will love it. I'm here at WDW now, and today just reminded me again that I really am just not a fan of Epcot. The scenery is beautiful, but the attractions are mostly painfully boring to me. I really did wanna do Soarin' and Test Track, but I just couldn't stand to hang around that park until my FastPass time, so we left. Everyone has their own taste I guess, but I guess I just don't "get" Epcot. So, anyway....another resounding vote for HS. It's a great park!

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

Mk first and second if you don't get through everything. DHS second. Your eleven year old will likely love it.

TN
Level Contributor
29 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

My vote is for HS. Besides TOT & Rocking Roller Coaster, there is also the Star Wars ride. EPCOT is a big park, and is a lot of ground for a 4-year-old to cover in one day. Have fun.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

Don't suppose you're getting park hopper tickets so that you could spend time at both parks on the same day?

They are easily connected by boat service, and there's also a walkway between Studios and Epcot you could use to travel between them on.

Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot or Hollywood Studios?

Thanks for all the responses! It looks like HS is the best choice. However, I didn't realize that at the time we are going (weekend of June 12) to Disney is when the last Star Wars Weekend will be happening. I know it will be extremely crowded during that weekend and I've read on different websites and forums that you should try to avoid HS during this time. Should we still attempt to go to HS instead of Epcot?

Also, we aren't going to get park hopper since we are only buying 2 day tickets. I didn't think it made a lot of sense considering we don't have a lot of time to spend at each park.