We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First thing you do in Epcot

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rhode island
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First thing you do in Epcot

What is the very first thing you do when going to Epcot? Should I go get a fastpass for Soarin or???

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,774 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

Yes, get a fast pass for Soarin and also go ahead and ride it right then, when the line is the shortest of the day.

Your F.P. will be good anytime the rest of the day unless they are being very stict.

rhode island
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

Thanks. Which way do I head when I go through the turnstiles? I am going on Sunday and am so nervous that after all the great stuff I heard about Soarin I will miss getting on.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

Go past Spaceship Earth, turn right at Innoventions and follow the signs. It's about a 10 minute hike if you rush.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,774 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

If you get there for park opening ceremonies, just follow the crowds...everyone seemingly head for Soarin first thing.

It's located in the Land pavilion in Future World, on the right side as you enter the park and move past Spaceship Earth.

rhode island
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

Thanks all!

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

Assuming you're there when the Park opens and they "drop the rope", get the fastpass to Soarin, then head straight to "Test Track."

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

Get a Fastpass for Soarin', do GM Test Track, then Soarin', then GM Test Track, then the Dinosaur show with Ellen......

London, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

Yep get a FP for Soarin' then do TT - I am lucky enough to have just done Soarin' in California - lovely!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
594 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

Bit of a stupid question - where exactly are the fast-pass machines located? - I was in Disney California (and maybe I do walk around with my eyes shut according to my husband) but I didn't see any machines when we entered the park. In my defence I wasn't really looking for the machines on that occasion but I will be at Epcot.

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First thing you do in Epcot

The fastpass machines are near to the entrance of each ride for those rides which have fastpass.

Hope that makes sense.