We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
948 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

I am looking for a counter service place in disney (either in one of the parks or in downtown disney) for the ultimate desert???

I have heard that beaches and cream do a good one but I'm staying off site and don't fancy going out of the way!!

Also I keep reading about a dohlp or dohl or something like that.. what is it??

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

Try Giradelli's at DTD fab ice cream!!!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,978 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

You must be referring to a Dole Whip and you can get these a various "snack carts" around the theme parks.

Here's a neat article describing the Dole Whips:

http://allears.net/aa/aa101507.htm#ques2

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

Beaches and cream is the ultimate dessert....never had one just seen it on youtube and it looks totally fab!!

There are some fab ice creams in Magic kingdom im dying to try, one is two huge cookies with ice cream between them, you get to pick which flavoured cookies and which flavoured ice cream!! There really are so many to choose from.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
948 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

Yes!! Dole Whip!! I've seen it come up in a number of trip reports and it sounds very interesting!!

Anywhere that you can sit down to eat but that isn't somewhere you'd need to book??

GA
Level Contributor
557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

The desert at beaches and cream is the kitchen sink.If you want to try it make sure you go there hungry.If one person eats it all by them self than thye get it fore free.It cost $21.99 but when the bill came it wqs $30 because there was 3 of us eating it.I was I could buy the kutchen sink bowl that the ice cream comes in

dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

OMG...just saw beaches and cream on you tube,i am a serious dessert person,but NO WAY could i get through that,not even with help...cant wait to show OH it tonight....speechless lol

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

I just watched it, too! I never knew about this place. What a fun treat for the family! I was so glad to see thay had little bowls you could scoop the ice cream into. When I was in college my Dad surprised us at Blizzard Beach with a huge sand pail sundae. Do they still serve those? Well, there were no extra bowls... the 6 of us ate out of the same pail, and it started to get all drippy in the heat. I want to gag when I think about it now.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

Dole whip is available in MK over near the Jungle Safari ride. It is an attached booth and there are seats nearby. Try the pineapple/vanilla swirl, it is great. Out of the parks, Dairy Queen has a hot fudge sundae in a waffle bowl with strawberries and chocolate that is the best. The little ice cream cone buildings along the streets have a delicious banana split with three flavors of ice cream. Yummy!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

Beaches and Cream is worth the trip.

The Boardwalk Bakery is well worth the trip.

Both are not out of your when visiting either HS and Epcot.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
948 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with Sweet Tooth!!!!

I suppose I could find the time if it was for something that yummy!!