We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson@Apopka Vineland Rd

london
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Radisson@Apopka Vineland Rd

I see this is now No1 and wondered if it is do-able without a car,I read most of the reviws but hardly any of them mention us"Non car hire peeps",it would be nice to have reviews for both catagories. I must admit I'm a bit bamboozled as to where to stay,will be doing the parks and a saunter along I-Drive.

london
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radisson@Apopka Vineland Rd

Ok. So here Iam eagerly awaiting a reply to what I thought was a perfectly straightforward question,I log on and.........NOTHING,not a single solitary iddy biddy answer....oh well>sigh<

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Radisson@Apopka Vineland Rd

Hi Yawnin

I'm not familiar with it but it looks from the maps to be opposite the Crossroads just at the entrance to Walt Disney World. As such it will be walkable to Downtown Disney and I guess there will be bus services. It's well positioned for getting about by car or cab.

Hopefully others with bus knowledge can come back to you, but if that fails, look up hotels such as the Sheraton Safari and the marriot Village (Fairfield, Courtyard) etc, as they are very close. There are lots of reviews of these and you may find some non-car info.

london
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radisson@Apopka Vineland Rd

Thank you Phossy for replying....I was expecting a"D.E" to reply seeing as there are a "couple" on here now >tic< but thanks all the same

4. Re: Radisson@Apopka Vineland Rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 April 2009, 10:13
Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radisson@Apopka Vineland Rd

@ yawninfaun:

Patience is a virtue!!

Based on where Google places it, this hotel is, as another has said, by the CrossRoads at Lake Buena Vista mall.

The nearest useful bus stops are on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, I'd guess about 1/4 mile away.

These stops are served by LYNX buses - services 50 and 111.

Both operate to/from Disney's Transportation & ticket Center in the one direction, and, in the other, both go onto I-4 at it's intersection with SR535 (Apopka-Vineland).

After that - 50 calls at a few stops near Sea World, before rejoining I4 and heading to DownTown Orlando.

At Sea World, you can transfer to LYNX 8 to travel along I-Drive and/or to the outlets.

And 111 calls on I-Drive itself, but only close to the Convention Center. The route of this service is changing slightly just here on 26/4 and I don't have precise new details yet. Afterwards, it continues via the Expressway to the Florida Mall and the Airport.

For Disney parks - your quickest method would be to go on 111 or 50 to the Transportation & Ticket Center and then take Disney's monorail, ferry or bus from there.

DownTown Disney - walk it in +/- 15-20 minutes

For Sea World - go right there on 50.

I-Drive & Outlets - 50 to Sea World then 8

Florida Mall - 111

Universal - 111 to the Florida Mall, then 37. Do it on Mon-Fri to minimise waiting time.

Bus fare is $2 one way (transfers free); $4.50 one day unlimited. Buy from the driver, exact fare. Or $16 for a week unlimited - buy in advance on the web, here:

https://www.golynx.com/?fuse=shop&app=store

50 is every 30 minutes; 111 is hourly. Schedules are here:

http://www.golynx.com/?fuse=cstm&app=route

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Radisson@Apopka Vineland Rd

When are you going? We're staying in this hotel, arriving there on Sat. We dont drive so will let you know about buses. We're gonna try to get 111 from airport as every saving counts!Will keep you posted. I've found reviews that have said its too far to walk from DTD but others that have said a 15 min walk. I'll let you know as we defo plan on walking!

7. Re: Radisson@Apopka Vineland Rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 23:18