We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Aug 2010 wrong offer!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
711 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Aug 2010 wrong offer!

Ok I know I was pushing my luck. But when I saw that Virgin were offering in their self catering range 2 cheep accomodations for 16 nights next august including flight one of which was £419/adult, I nearly fell off my chair. Think it was Oak Plantation. Sadly when I tried to proceed with the booking for 5 of us it was comming up at over £5000. When I rang virgin a very nice lady said they dont use the internet and yep it was indeed over £5000, not 5x£419! so she couldnt do anything other then inform their departemnt that sorts the internet out and tell them of their error! Too bad thought Id got an amazing bargain! I guessed it was a print error, but you cant balme a gal for trying!

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Aug 2010 wrong offer!

It did the same to me a few weeks ago, offering free dining at a disney hotel couldnt work out how to add the free dining as it was charging me for it..when I rang up they said it wasnt showing as a special offer on their system, he went through the internet site and sure enough it come up as an offer for him but when he looked into it, it was an error left over from last december that had added itself back onto the system!! Did manage to get free dining in the end but not through virgin!

uk
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Aug 2010 wrong offer!

I have challenged them twice on issues lke this, and each time after getting through to a UK center I have got what the internet offered

I beleive my conversations involved my next step of a report for fasle advertising.

Barbados free kids up to age 16 in one case over al price of £2600 for 2 weeks in july school hols all inclusive

and this time it was the free limo character meals and the flex tickets for £112 got both for xams

3. Re: Virgin Aug 2010 wrong offer!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 22:17