We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

For Disney Studios, what are your opinions for what to see and do, and not to miss? What are the most popular rides and attractions? What rides have the longest lines? To minimize wait times, and maximize use of Fastpass, what is a the suggested or recommended order of things to see and do. Thank you.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
527 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

Must do's

Toy Story Mania (you must fast pass this first thing otherwise you'll never get on it).

Tower of Terror

Rock n Roller Coaster

Stunt shows (both Indiana Jones and the car stunt show)

Fantasmic...this is the night time show and still one of my favorites.

Hollywood studios is by far my favorite park. Have fun.

London, United...
Level Contributor
556 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

Definitely get your fastpass for TSM first thing it's the main attraction in my opinion really great fun!

Star Tours is pretty good too and I agree with the comment about the stunt shows.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

I'm planning on doing Hollywood Studios on the same day as Animal Kingdom (AK in the morning).

As we'll be getting to HS later in the day, am I right to assume all the fast passes will have gone?

Also, am I basically condemned to queuing for hours for all the big rides?

We'll be there mid/late June.

Is there a point in the afternoon that the parks quieten down?

Do the rides mentioned offer single rider lines? Do these offer much of a saving (time wise)? On the subject of single rider lines.... can 2 of you go in the queue together?

My better half is not big on thrill rides, so I am conscious of not wanting her to wait around for ages just for me to get my three or four minutes of pleasure.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,932 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

I know several times we skipped The great movie ride, we finally went on it our last trip. If you like movies it was pretty good. My son who likes to act out scenes loved it. Some don't like it, we enjoyed it.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

Just re-read my post.... no gags necessary about that last sentence!!!!

(perhaps it was some sort of freudian slip).

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,695 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

By arriving to H.S. in late afternoon, you do run the risk of having the Fast Passes gone for all the major rides, especially Toy Story.

I don't think the que line waits will be "hours" per see, but you could see up to 60 minute waits for everything but Toy Story. Toy Story will be your longest wait of the day for sure.

There's really no "down time" in the afternoons unless it's during the parade, so might want to be in the vicinity of Sunset Blvd during that time to be away from the parade if you don't want to see it.

There are currently no single rider line rides at Hollywood Studios. Toy Story had one originally, but they discontinued it.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

You may be hard pressed to get fast passes if you arrive later in the day but you can try. Tower of Terror is a must. Toy Story Mania is fun. I really enjoy Animation studio tour and the Voyage of the Little Mermaid as well as the Muppets 3D movie. American Idol was interesting. I really enjoy Disney Studios. It is fun just strolling around and checking everything out, especially the back of the park where the mock streets are.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

excuse my ignorance.... what is the parade (and how long does it last)?

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

We quiet enjoyed the Show with Beauty and the beast

and if You have smaller children the Playhouse Disney show.

Mutter

Blackpool
Level Contributor
355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Studios -HELP! What Are Must Do's-What Not To Miss?

Apologies for taking over this thread.....

Found this on wikipedia (re TSM):

Park guests wear 3-D glasses aboard spinning vehicles that travel through virtual environments based on classic carnival midway games.

When it says "spinning vehincles" is that spinning, as in a carousel type spinning? Round and round? Not quite sure how this coincides with hoop throwing etc.