We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

Going for a 20 year aniversary without kids- husband suprised me with a trip. Will we still enjoy the park with no kids? (Disney!) What is the best part of the park for adults? Thanks!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
828 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

We love Epcot, especially the World Showcase. There seems to be the fewest kids there of all the parks. I think I remember you're staying onsite, and if you are using the Disney transportation it's a great place to relax, eat a nice dinner and have a couple of drinks and not have to worry about driving.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

Oh my ~ you will have a wonderful trip sans your children. DH and I had a lovely vacation in Sept 07 as part of their free DDP.

Epcot has always been our favorite theme park and we've added Animal Kingdom to it. And of course MK. DHS is at bottom of our list.

Epcot has best restaurants and drinks. It is our favorite park to stroll or sit and relax.

You will have a magical WDW anniversary I am sure!! No matter what theme park you visit.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

Definitely Epcot! Drink and eat around the world. Ride some relaxing rides, shop and then watch Illuminations. Would be a nice anniversary day!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

You will love an adult-only trip, and will enjoy all of the parks. (Most of my trips are adult-only, and even my senior citizen parents go every year.) Most adults seem to prefer Epcot, but MGM also has a lot for adults. I think the nighttimes are particularly nice, and the parks are so pretty then. Don't miss the nightime parades and fireworks. Dining is also a big draw for adults - Disney has some very unique restaurants with extremely good food. Most Disney shows and attractions are aimed at all age groups, so even if you skip pure kiddie-rides and thrill rides, you will find plenty of great entertainment. You'll have a great time!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
222 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

Hi, Which WDW onsite resorts would be best for 2 adults sans kids? Many Thanks!

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

Port Orleans Riverside is where DH and I stayed ~ we loved it.

Wonderful landscaping.

Nice stroll along sidewalks in the evening. Sassagoula River boats that take you to Downtown Disney.

Horse and buggy rides in the evenings.

Pontoon boat or bicycle rentals.

Attractive dining facility complete with a water wheel.

Quiet pools spread through out the complex.

When POR is busy/full, we never noticed it. Seemed as if we were alone.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,622 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

For a moderate Hotel, I would agree with POR, and I would add Coronado Springs which is more adult oriented as it handles conventions. It has a great food court and even has a nightclub.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,622 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

For a delux resort, I would suggest the Grand Floridian, or the Wilderness Lodge.

9. Re: best part of park for adults only...is there such a place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 05:58