We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money card vs travellers cheques

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gateshead
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
money card vs travellers cheques

Would appreciate some advice - unsure whether to take dollar travellers cheques or use pre-loaded money card (as offered by post office)??

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money card vs travellers cheques

I normally take cash, sometime TCs and my credit cards. I never had a TC refused anywhere, but a few places where I tried my new currency card it didn't work, others it did. Make sure you have another way to pay just in case.

South shields
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money card vs travellers cheques

we are just back a few weeks ago, took mainly cash and travellers cheques, we never had any refused anywhere either

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money card vs travellers cheques

We take cash and travellers cheques as we can see how much money we have left for the remainder of our holiday.

If you can only check your balance on your card at an ATM this means you have to find one before goig out on a spending splurge :)

aberdeen
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: money card vs travellers cheques

word of warinng... the american express prepaid card has a daily spent limit.

If I were you i would stick with travellers cheques, it's like spending cash anyway. I've never had a problem spending them in the us

Gateshead
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: money card vs travellers cheques

Thanks for the advice, only 6 weeks to go, can't wait !!

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
192 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: money card vs travellers cheques

Biggest thing that puts me off the money card is the possiblity - however slight - of the card being rejected and then you can't get to your holiday money.

I'm thinking of giving it a try with a few hundred dollars for emergency purchases.

7. Re: money card vs travellers cheques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2009, 05:20