We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express Pass needed this week at IOA & Universal

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Express Pass needed this week at IOA & Universal

How have the crowds been recently at IOA and Universal? I hope to accomplish both resorts this upcoming Thursday. Do I need to the Express Pass for both resorts? Thanks.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,114 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Express Pass needed this week at IOA & Universal

I'm waiting to hear from my family who arrived at Sheraton Vistana Villages this past Saturday on crowd levels. Disney was predicted to be very busy this week, but Universal has been lagging behind.

Seeing that you are going on a weekday will help keep some crowds away, but you won't be able to cover ALL of each Universal park on one day even with Express Pass I don't believe. There's just too many attractions and the hours this week are very short (only 9-6).

Have tried this myself in September and you'll almost have to skip a lot of things to get your favorites in at both parks in those short hours.

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Express Pass needed this week at IOA & Universal

Agreed, hours for the parks this date, Thursday, May 14, is short. I am open to getting Express Passes, just didn't want to spend extra money if not needed, but if needed, okay. Thanks.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,114 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Express Pass needed this week at IOA & Universal

I don't think there will be "sell out" demand for the Express Pass this week, so why not just get to the park on Thursday and see what the crowds are like before deciding to buy it.

I see very little chance of you finding them all sold out when you get there.

If you arrive before the parks open and hit the ground running when the rope-drop occurs, you'll get quite a bit of ground covered before the majority of the crowds arrive that day anyway.

4. Re: Express Pass needed this week at IOA & Universal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2009, 07:28