We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photopass photographers using your camera

newcastle/durham
Level Contributor
469 posts
1 review
Save Topic
photopass photographers using your camera

Is it really rude to ask the Disney photographers to take a photo of you with your own camera? I've seen lots of people do this before, but always thought of it as sort of cheating the system. I love photos, and would like a few of me and my bf together - it's the first time we've been without my parents to do this for us. I don't mind paying for a couple of really nice ones, but in the past I've always been really excited to log on and see our photos, only to find that there's only a few there. Even the discounted rate for the CD seems quite steep if we only get a few keepers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

No it's not rude, in fact they often offer!

At Disney and Universal the professional photographers offered to take pics of me and my boyf with our own camera (they probably felt sorry for us trying to get a pic with us both in!) all the time!

Tampa FL
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

Interesting question. I would not do it myself, but I don't think it's rude. If they don't want to do it, they could politely decline. I don't think Disney would want them to decline.

I'm sure this question will draw a bit of a response.

Joe

Tampa FL

newcastle/durham
Level Contributor
469 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

Joe, hope I don't spark a huge debate!

So the trick is to stand somewhere near a photographer and look like we're struggling to get us both in the picture, with a slightly pathetic air about us?! lol I'll definitely give it a go!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

Haha yeah that's it! ;-)

We never had to ask, they always offered. To be honest they're so friendly even if you did ask I can't imagine them turing you down!

We often asked passing visitors to take our picture and we'd take their picture in return!

scotland UK
Level Contributor
545 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

First of all, I don't think they would mind but I would probably just ask a member of the public to take a snap for me, I don't mind when people ask me to do the same.

Second, could somebody tell me what the CD is please that you get at disney, I don't know about this and would be interested if it's a reasonable price, thanks for any info.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

Here's the link: http://www.disneyphotopass.com/

pa
Level Contributor
54,323 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

I would and have, had the Photopass Photographers take a Photopass Photo and then just ask if they would please take another one with our camera. Not a Problem. I also often just ask another Resort Guest if they would mind taking a photo of us, most people have been very kind and in return, I take a photo of them with their camera :)

newcastle/durham
Level Contributor
469 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

Actually, whenever I see someone taking a photo of the family I usually stop and offer to take one of all of them, so I'm sure if I did that I could ask them to return the favour. It's just that the professional photographers aren't too shy to tell you where to stand!

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

When we were there in April, we would have out photo taken and then some of them would just ask if we would like it with our camra as well.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,027 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: photopass photographers using your camera

I don't think it's rude-Disney photographers offer all the time. And you can ask people standing around you;I take dozens of other families photographs when we are there and we often ask them. We have priceless photos of our whole family,some of who are no longer alive,because of this. And in NYC,where I live, I get asked to take a photo at least half dozen times a day and also do offer. It only takes a moment to do it or ask the Disney photographer and those photos with everyone in them can mean a lot to you.

The question in my mind is why do people ask ME as opposed to the millions of other people in NYC?