We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
659 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

Considering an early November trip and cannot find dates of their Christmas festivities.......anyone??

pa
Level Contributor
54,009 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

2nd week of November

The Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts on the 10th so it will be quite festive by then :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,009 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

sorry, meant to add, keep an eye on www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/events.htm

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

The only way to be sure of some Christmas in early November is to book the x-mas party at the Magic Kingdom. The events included in admission such as Candlelight and the Osborne Lights at Disney typically don't start until Thanksgiving weekend. Only then can you count on the Disney parks and resorts being decorated for sure. Universal has Grinchmas as well as a parade with some balloons from the Thanksgiving parade in NY so doesn't start until beginning of December usually.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
659 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

bump

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

I was there late October to Nov. 1 a couple of years ago, and the Animal Kingdom was decked out for Christmas on November 1, complete with the characters in their Christmas costumes. No guarantees, of course, but I would expect you would see at least some Christmas decorations in early November. I wouldn't expect them to be everywhere, though.

NYC
Level Contributor
248 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

I was under the impression that they decorate it the night after thanksgiving. I could be wrong.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
659 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

I think it's the night after Halloween.

atherton manchester...
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

we went last year and they did start decorating the day after halloween pam

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

The questions is regarding when the Christmas festivities begin. The answer is late November with the exception of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party which is a special event and requires a separate ticket. It is on select nights only beginning Nov. 10. Otherwise, do NOT expect to see much in terms of Christmas in early November. There is a difference between beginning to decorate and being decorated and the events underway. For example, it takes much longer than one night to hang the literally millions of lights used in the Osborne Spectacle at Hollywood Studios. If you go in early November you'll see many of the them up, but you won't see them on.

pa
Level Contributor
54,009 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: When do they decorate for Chirstmas?

For an Up Date to when Festivities ( shows, parades, storytelling, candle light processional, osborne family lights, etc ) begin, check "Holiday Happenings" at

http://allears.net/tp/holiday.htm