We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping just got easier!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping just got easier!!

I apologise if this is old news to anyone, but, for us, it was something noticeably different, in that at many restaurants that we encountered, at the bottom of the check, there were suggested tip amounts for 15, 18, and 20% increments. There's no excuses now! lol!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

thats kind of them , did they suggest what kind of service you should expect with each percetage !!!

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

DebGreg02, sadly, they did not, but i saw on more one ocassion, american families disputing their bills, and even we did on one ocassion at Bahama Breeze, where the server totally forgot about our second order of Drinks. A simple explaination to the manager, and he wiped the Drinks completely off our check. You just have to be firm, but polite. That was the only blip that we came across. Service was faultless otherwise.

UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

'Theres no excuse'. Oh yes there is. Sorry to be repetative but I really get annoyed when ANYONE tells me how much to tip.I will tip what I think and when it is merited. I really really wish people would look up in a dictionary for the meaning of the word TIP. The way woffer describes it, it is a TAX. Jason.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
874 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

sorry but i'm with Jason on this one, I tip what i want, when I want.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

I fail to see why people, mainly those that reside in the UK fail to understand that it is a way of life over there. A different way of doing things, and i, for one have no problems with it. It's as American to me as driving on the left-hand side of a Car, on the Right-hand side of the Road, and paying for goods with the expectation that 6.5% ( or thereabouts ) will be added to things that i buy over there!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

Chinners must be in the Greenhouse or on his whacky noodle.

He usually is posting by now.

uk
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

i think it all depends on where you go and what service you get, for example when we go into the golden corral we tip a dollar per person, this is because the service whilst always polite is minimal and we serve our selves and are only ever in there for about an hour, the turn over in such places is vast, but if we had a meal that was several courses and we stayed most of the night and the waiter looked after you and the food was great then we would tip alot more,

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

Im with jason, tip what you want and dont let anybody else bully you into spending your hard earned cash on something you dont want to, people save for a long time for a trip to florida and make a lot of sacrifices to get there, its not our fault that the employers of waiting staff dont pay enough!!!!

Wales
Level Contributor
919 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

Here we go again, back to Woffer original post he is given INFO on tips

Tip what you want, when you want etc etc...I doubt a lot of people could careless about individual views on tipping. I absolutely love the way some people feel it is acceptable to start ranting about their personal tipping views whenever the word tip is mentioned.....how uninteresting.

Thank you for the information Woffer, which i am sure a lot of people will find helpful

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tipping just got easier!!

stubhoy:

I never tell anyone what to tip. But I don't think anyone should sit down in a rest. with your attitude,

But I am sure you don't announce your policy before getting served. In fact, the worst tippers always demand the most, and act the most friendly to the wait staff.

It is ok if you don't want to tip, but jsut once I would like someone to say it before getting served. At least go back to the same rest. the next night after stiffing the staff.