We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! fist time to orlando

east kilbride
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help! fist time to orlando

Hi this will be my first time to orlando ,me my husband and our three kids 11, 9 and 6

we are going at the end of June for 2 weeks we have decided not to rent a car unlimited funds

we are staying at the extended stay lake buena vista

we havent bought our tickets yet cause i am confused on wot to buy ???? still getting over the shock of the prices!

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Liverpool
Level Contributor
874 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

my advice would be decide which parks you want to visit and don't buy more days than you need to. It is very daunting and the thing that boosts the cost of the holiday is the park tickets. If you havent got a car then I presume your hotel does transport , remember to get out early as the buses fill up fast.

Dont know too much about the area you are staying in but once again without the car you will be limited to eating around your hotel. Take a packed lunch with you when going to the parks as food is very expensive, we usually take pittas, crisps, calypos etc.

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

For a first visit and to keep the costs down then I would stick to a Disney only holiday and leave Universal for another visit. There is so much to do in the 4 parks and 2 water parks, it can easily keep you going for the 2 weeks with a bit of relaxing in the resort and a shopping day thrown in. It gets really expensive when you try and do all the parks and you don't get good value for money out of the tickets.

east kilbride
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

Hi thanks all for the advice i am noteing it all down to keep me right

it is very daunting but this tripadvisor is great wouldnt know where to start thanks again

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

As it`s your first visit I wouldn`t bother with buying an ultimate ticket as you wont use all the facilities that come with it. Just get a basic Magic Your Way ticket which allows you to visit one park per day. As you are going for two weeks maybe a 7 day ticket would be enough allowing you time for relaxation around the pool and shopping. Check;

www.undercovertourist.com For Disney. Their prices include both tax and delivery. For Seaworld check; www.seaworld.com and look at the Orlando park they have an offer for adults to get admission and childs price and you get a second day free.

carmarthenshire
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

We have just been to florida and also did not have a car. This was not a problem. We stayed on westwood blvd which was just a bit further on than seaworld- im not familiar with lbv though.

We used the lynx buses and im sure they cover your area as they are everywhere. These can take you to parks if your hotel doesn't have shuttle (ours didn't) and to main areas for food etc so you are not going to be stuck in your hotel.

As for park tickets- it really is up to you- if this is a once in a life time trip I would suggest going all out and doing most of the parks- we did 4 main disney (not water parks) universal, IOA, seaworld, Busch, Wet and wild and aquatica and still had rest days and afternoons by the pool. When we were pricing tickets, there was only £10 difference between a 7 day and 14 day ticket. All the parks mentioned above apart from disney can be done throught the orlando flexi plus ticket. We got our tickets with virgin but I dont think you can get them with them anymore unless you have your hol booked with them.

This forum is a life saver and we would have been lost without it. For info on buses check out scan60. For park tickets etc just do a search and loads of info will come up. Dont get put off with receiving a voucher instead of a ticket for parks- we saved £30 per person getting vouchers and only spent 5 min max changing them to tickets once we got there.

enjoy!

Wales
Level Contributor
919 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

I would also look at the difference in disney tickets between 7 day and 14 day, usually its not a great deal and personally I love the flexibilty. More than once I have entered a park such as magic kingdom and found it very busy and decided to switch to epcot etc...

I also could not imagine a trip to Orlando without Universal. As said if it is a once in a lifetime thing id try and go there aswell, Universal studios is my absolute favorite park.

You could opt for the 2 park bonus ticket for universal and IOA ( currently $99 on their website)

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

As Jc pointed out that if the park You are entering is crowded then move to another park, If You decide to do that- You need a park hopper

I would also look at the Universal park and I am wondering about Your children is they girls or boys and if they are boys def go for Universal.

universalorlando.com and www.allearsnet.com and second undercovertourist.com for tickets they are included taxes.

Mutter

east kilbride
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

Thanks everyone for all your help going to discuss it with the hubby and kids

mandeville, la
Level Contributor
266 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

We try to alternate the parks with other things in between...its free to walk around Downtown Disney and fun!...we spend a day at our hotel pool...we go to the beach (1hr away either west or east - but you need transportation)...I want to check out the little town of Celebration this time, just to walk around. The kids just love being in Orlando so they like anything there.

I agree with those who say save the extra money and don't buy park hopper tickets. You are going to be there so long, you should only do one park a day.

And definitely do Universal Studios!

Make sure your hotel is a good price: you can get some decent places for <$100/night if you really search!

Actually renting a car might save you money if its not too expensive. You could drive to much cheaper places to eat.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
101 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! fist time to orlando

If you're on a budget, I'd reccommend SeaWorld/Busch Gardens. A Seaworld/Busch Gardens combo is just a little more than a day at disney plus it includes transportation to and from Busch Gardens. I would also consider renting a car for a weekend. There are some pretty cheap rates out there. Head to the beach or a state park to take a break from the Orlando area.