We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thetford, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

Has anyone used this facility at Gatwick?

Apparently we have use of it free before next trip, although as we have no small children and getting a bit grey, we were concerned it would filled with screaming kids running amoke? also is the food offered a sufficient alternative to having a breackfast elsewhere in the airport? and finally do they sell beer? it's a tradition that I always have one bottle of beer before I fly!

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

hi

Ther was a post on Trip Advisor over the weekend about Virgins V Room.Can't be sure which day though.But I seem to recall the person saying that, their flight was delayed and that she was glad that she had booked it.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.We leave from Manchester on Monday next

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

Do a search, pull up a few threads- here's one:

tripadvisor.com/…15405876

belfast
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

hi mac2623,we used the v room dec08,it was great very relaxing lovely choice for breakfast [hot and cold] i think you can get a beer,as for children running around when we were there the children were on the computers and playing games so no proplems,the views of the runway were great,i would recommend it in my oponion it was great

josie

somerset
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

Hi

We are using the vroom in 4 weeks, and I understand they have a limited number of people that can use it any one time. Hopefully this is a positive thing, and I haven't read any negative comments yet either.

Someone, did mention that virgin has their own security gate, so you avoid all the regular security gates. Hope this is true.

Don't know when you are going, but I will report when I return.

London
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

I read on their website that the vroom booking is exclusively available to virgin-holiday customers. Does anyone know if this includes Virgin-atlantic (flight only) customers?

Southampton
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

Hi

I might be a little bit biased as i work for Virgin Holidays,but i think the Vroom is great value for money especially if you are getting free entry. There is a dedicated adults only area which is really nice and relaxing so you wont be disturbed by children. Children are also entertained by computers and games in an area of their own. The food in my opinion is better than you can get in the airport great selection of both hot and cold food.

Unfortunatley the Vroom is only available to people that have at lest accommodation booked through Virgin Holidays.

I hope this helps.

Thetford, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

Thanks for the info, all sounds good. Apparently we get free access due to a deal on buying Park tickets with Virgin!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
382 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

Hi, Glad you posted this as we too have free access for our next holiday - booked for 21st May 2010! As it was free and we could get breakfast etc thought we would use it whatever but I like to see what others have thought about it. If you go before us, can you report back on your experience.

Thanks

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

Hi.

We have the VRoom booked for Aug 2010 - got it free like yourselves! I have heard it is supposed to be pretty good and any seperate departure lounge with free food and a good run way view can't be that bad! Enjoy!

Scotland
Level Contributor
412 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VRoom Gatwick anyone been/opinions?

We used it for the first time in December....will always use it now...it offers comfy seats with great runway views...I really don't like Gatwick airport but the Vroom is a peaceful haven with good coffee and bacon/sausage rolls etc