We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

It is our first trip to Disney! Right now through the Disney website they are offering a free dining package. It is one sit down meal, a quick meal and a snack per person per day. Here is what I found for 3 Adults and 3 Children (aged 12, 13, & 3)

The Cabins at Disney Fort Wilderness Resort $3813.67 in a Wilderness Cabin - sleeps 6

Includes:

Dining Option listed above

6 Day Hopper Pass

Dates of travel: Saturday September 26 - October 3

7 Nights & 8 Days

What do you guys think?

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

Hi MightyMia08

Have You cheked out the all star suites , two full bathroom at the same time ?

Mutter

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

No, I haven't but I will!

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

Just tried and I guess they are already sold out. Not available for my dates.

Since this would be our first time should I book a package or book everything individually? How do I find the best deal? My travel dates are flexible.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,796 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

I haven't ever stayed onsite as offsite is cheaper for big families.

But given the general enthusiasm here for the free dining plan then, I would think most would say it is a good deal. With 6 people (5 rated as adults) you won't have other options apart from 2 rooms or the All star music fam suites or the expensove but nice Disney Villas.

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

You have to book it as a Package in order to get the free dining

I would leave off the Hopper Option for a first visit. you can add it later if you want but 1 Park a day may be enough. Also check if the Waterparks & More is included, you may not need that either

The Cabins are great

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/ftwild.htm

broken down, I always do this, it is $79.45 per person, per day, Not too bad for a Week of Magic :)

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

I wouldn't be opposed to do on different days and not get the free dining plan. Is the free dining plan worth it?

I am not opposed to staying off site either. If it would be cheaper. I just don't know what to do.

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

The Dining is well worth it. We can and have several times now, enjoyed well over $50 a day per person worth of Free Food. We have enjoyed Meals at some of the Nicest Restaurants and not had to look at the Menu prices. Staying at A Disney Resort will give you other Benefits as well. Free Transportation from and to the Airport ( MCO ) Free Transportation to all the Parks, Extra Magic Hours ( only available to Resort Guests ) I could go on and on

For a First Trip, I highly recomend the Deal

Lots of us will be there the week before :)

Have a look thru www.wdwinfo.com and http://allears.net those sites offer lots of details to get you in the mood

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

What would be the price rate on getting 2 rooms at Pop Century or one of the other economy hotels?

Wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

Hi MightyMia08

I have just been into the DW site

went to the free dining and then went to the get started buttons and said moderate

2673 dollars for All star suite for the dates You have put up

3260 For the cabins

When You seek didn´t You get some alternatives ?

I quotet for 5 adults 1 child

Mutter

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,796 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help? Is this a good deal? Need advice??

Offsite will be far cheaper. You can get a week in a condo or private villa for less than $900 between 6, but you would need to add in the cost of the park tickets and meals to decide if it is better or not.

I always went with offsite (but can't visit during free dining as my kids are in school then). Who knows, I may have made another decision if I could have.

But I do know I tried to recently book a short stay onsite but couldn't find a room in a resort I wanted (mod or delux) for less than $300 per night so am going to try the Swan instead.

If that priceis in your budget, you will get all the magic you wouldn't offsite. Only you can say how much that magic is worth for you.