We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

Essex
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

Hi, We will be staying at the best western lakeside, kissimmee in sept. We would like to spend a day at the Cocoa beach. We do not drive and was wondering if there is public transport to get to and from the beach, if not rough price on a taxi? Also do you know if you can get to tampa by public tranport from kissimmee, train or bus, Many thanks Tracey

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

No public transport for either, and a taxi would cost you an exhorbitant amt. You can get a tour from a local tour operator such as gatortours. expensive, but cheaper than a taxi.

There are some shuttle companies that will tun you out to the gulf coast. Busch Gardens has a bus, not sure what else you want to do in Tampa?

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

The beaches are an hour plus from the Kissimmee, Orlando area.

If you get to Cocoa Beach, don't forget to look for the chocolate fish ;-)

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

Hi, I live pretty close to Cocoa Beach. I actually travel to Orlando 5 days a week. It is about an hour drive. I am sorry I am not sure how much a taxi would cost you!

As far as Tampa, you are also about an hour from there or more,as well, in a different direction.

Disney is kind of centrally located between the 2.

pa
Level Contributor
54,372 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

www.gatortours.com does a very nice day trip to Clearwater Beach. IMO, the Gulf Beaches are nicer :)

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

Have you thought of car hire for a day i think that would be the cheapest solution

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

While I agree that car hire is best, the OP did state that they do not drive. Which is pretty uncommon in the USA.

Kissimmee Florida
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

Tracey1110,

Greyhound is not an option to Cocoa although they do run to Daytona and Tampa. The run to Melbourne takes four hours to make what would normally be an hour and a half drive.

Amtrak is only an option to Tampa if you wish to overnight there. The time between arrival in Tampa and departure to return is about four hours.

The taxi to the train station will cost more than the train ride.

CTR

8. Re: How to get to Cocoa beach from kissimmee,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 05:21